As you gear up for Back-To-School, Cuboro Wooden Marble Run makes a fabulous classroom toy. An ingenious wooden building block and marble run toy from Switzerland, Cuboro allows endless combinations and designs that will fascinate children and hold their attention span for long periods of time.
Cuboro Wooden Marble Run has been used in many classrooms for several years now and the educational benefits are outstanding and well documented. For younger kids especially, free design and experimentation are great. For older children, a Thinking Resource Classroom Pack provides a curriculum and teaching framework for students to work with either a teacher, in groups or in individual learning. Not only is Cuboro a useful tool for children of all ages, it has also been shown through practical classes to have outstanding results with students who display various labelled learning difficulties including Dyslexia, ADHD and ADD and referenced points on the autism continuum and even those students that who display talent and giftedness.
Cuboro Wooden Marble Run Develops These Skills:
- Spatial Thinking
- Reflective Thinking
- Thinking Flexibly
- Problem Solving
- Planning Ahead
- Questioning and Posing Problems
- Working Collaboratively
- Core Physics concepts are encountered and explored (acceleration, gravity, force, momentum, speed and resistance)
More Reasons that Cuboro Makes a Great Classroom Toy:
- Long Lasting- Cuboro is a heirloom toy that won’t wear out or break. It is made of solid wood Beech blocks that last and last. I have had my set for two years and they still look brand new.
- Eco-friendly- Part marble run, part labyrinth and part educational marvel, Cuboro is also made from Sustainable wood; manufactured of FSC accredited beech wood, meaning wood coming from exemplary cultivated forests.
- Made in fair-labor countries- Cuburo blocks were NOT made at the expense of children abroad either by exploiting their labor or the labor of their parents (as so many toys are).
As one classroom teacher, Michele, put it-
“I equipped my classroom with two sets of Cuboro materials two years ago; the material has seen *daily* use ever since, with children seeing growth in their understanding of forces, gravity, cause/effect, logic, and spatial relationships & orientation, and further developing their sense of responsibility (not losing those marbles is a grand responsibility for some…!), fine motor skills, ability to concentrate, ability to plan, ability to organize work and projects, ability to problem-solve, ability to cooperate and collaborate, ability to wait, ability to anticipate & predict, and many, many other skills & aptitudes.
I actually will no longer be teaching after this academic year, as I have taken on the role of school administrator, but I know that I will still be purchasing Cuboro sets at conferences as long as I attend them. When I run out of classrooms to give them to, I suppose I will finally get my own set to play with! I <3 Cuboro!”
Whether you are looking for a great classroom toy or a beautiful household toy, you can check out all the different Cuboro sets available at Oh Toys Cuboro marble run sets.