This fun paper butterfly craft is a favorite craft for any child. With few supplies and no glue or tape, this easy spring craft is perfect for even the littlest of crafty kids! Something I really love about this paper butterfly craft is that all the butterflies are unique. You can mix and match tissue paper and use all types of pipe cleaners of any color. Gather your supplies, grab your kiddos, get ready for some fun, and go make paper butterflies!
Easy Spring Craft-How To Make Paper Butterflies Tutorial
Tissue Paper Butterfly Supplies:
- Tissue paper (any colors that you’d like)
- Pipe cleaners
Gather all your supplies and grab a seat at your table. Start with the tissue paper. Unfold you sheets and start cutting rectangles out. They can be any size you’d like. My tissue paper lengths were about 6 inches across. Double over you tissue paper so that each rectangle has 2 sheets of the same color paper making it 2-ply.
Next, take 4 sheets (2 of one color and 2 of a different color) and lay them on top of each other. Pinch the middle of the sheet of paper together in the middle.
Once you have your paper pinched together, take one of your piper cleaners and wrap it around the middle twisting once or twice at the top of the butterfly.
You can either leave the antenna straight or twist around your finger to make a corkscrew shape. After you have the piper cleaner antenna fixed, fluff our tissue paper wings a bit and you’re done! You have made fun little butterflies that your children will adore!
Do you plan on trying your hand at this fun tissue paper butterfly craft? I’m sure your children will love learning to make paper butterflies for their room or even bathroom. My daughter has hers hanging in her room over her dresser and my son decided to tape his to his closet door. You could even use the paper butterflies to make a butterfly mobile. These fun butterflies are such an easy spring craft and the perfect pop of color for any room!
Do you think you will try this easy spring craft and make paper butterflies with your kids?
For more spring posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Easy Pickled Asparagus by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Strawberry Lemonade Mojito Mocktail by How Was Your Day?
- Lemon Cheesecake Crumble Bars by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make an Easy Broken Pot Succulent Container by Simply Southern Mom
- Butterfly Sun Catcher Craft by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Easy Strawberry Cream Pie by Mom Does It All
- Bird Nest Brownie Bowls Recipe by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Vegan Rice Krispie Treat Tiger Lillies by Beyond Mommying
- Coffee Filter Butterfly Accessories by Mommy Snippets
- Pineapple Kiwi Smoothie Bowl by Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Flower Loop Hair Bow Tutorial by Savvy Saving Couple