This is a delicious, healthy recipe for avocado tuna salad. This recipe requires zero mayonnaise! Instead we will be using plain greek yogurt, which is a great source of protein without the fat. This recipe yields a fair amount of food so it is great to keep in the fridge and eat throughout the week. If you plan on making a sandwich I recommend a multigrain bread with lettuce, raw onion and spicy mustard! This healthy tuna salad recipe calls for fresh tuna steaks but you could sub canned tuna if you so chose. It is so fast and easy you will want to make it every week!
Easy, Healthy Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe:
- 2 7ounce Tuna Steaks
- Avocado Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Celery Stock
- 2 Green Onions
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
Healthy Tuna Salad Instructions
- First, cook the tuna steaks over a medium heat using avocado oil. While cooking it cut it into smaller and smaller pieces. Depending on your stove top it should take anywhere from 7-12 minutes.
- Once you are done cooking shred the pieces of tuna and place it into a mixing bowl.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt. This is going to act as a mayonnaise substitute.
- Cut up 1 ripe avocado and mix in. Don’t worry about getting it all mixed in right now.
- Dice up 1 celery stock and 2 green onion stocks and add it to the mix and mix it up.
- Add ground black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to taste!
- If you do not want or have the time to cook the tuna you can always use canned tuna. Please enjoy this very healthy avocado tuna salad recipe!
Have you made homemade tuna salad before? How do you like to make yours? Would you try this healthy avocado tuna salad recipe? If you do, be sure to tell us what you thought and any changes you made!