I actually already had the pleasure of visiting one of their beaches without knowing that the area is called South Walton. I have been to Seaside and I can attest that it is beautiful and peaceful (it was actually used for filming the Truman Show!) Then a few days later, I was talking to one my friends and she told me about her family vacation over the summer to Seascape which is also part of South Walton. She has been to South Walton quite a few times so I got the low down from her and she says that it is all beautiful beaches without the high rises and chains. She said that there is a large arts base and just a feeling of slowing down and enjoying the beautiful scenery and each other.
In Northwest Florida, South Walton’s sugar-white sand beaches and turquoise water complement the 15 individual beach neighborhoods that invite you to find your perfect beach. From a large arts community, to hip hangouts, to amazing foods, to unusual ecosystems, to lots of outdoor activities, South Walton has it all! South Walton has the world’s highest concentration of coastal dune lakes, offering breathtakingly beautiful flora and fauna.
South Walton Beaches- 15 Beautiful Florida Beaches
South Walton is made up of 15 distinct beach neighborhoods (listed below west to east):
Miramar Beach · Seascape
Sandestin · Dune Allen
Santa Rosa Beach · Blue Mountain
Grayton Beach · WaterColor
Seaside · Seagrove · WaterSound
Seacrest · Alys Beach
Rosemary Beach · Inlet Beach
Since I love eco-friendly things, I was intrigued to find that South Walton has several eco-friendly beach neighborhoods:
– Almost 500 acres of green space set aside for conservation
– Named by Travel +Leisure as a top family-friendly US resort
– Camp Watercolor for kids, kayaking & YOLO boarding on Western Lake
– Coastal dune lake flows all the way to the Gulf, great spot for kids to play on the sand in shallow water only a few yards from the Gulf
– Grayton Beach State Park offers camping, cabin rentals, hike over white sand dune
– Hippie-chic vibe – Hibiscus House is vegetarian and pet-friendly and donates a portion of Sunday Brunch proceeds to local charities (outside dining called Backyard of Love)
– All-white neighborhood built with “green” materials to sustain hurricane force winds
– Spacious green for playing, concerts and games
– Tasty treats from Charlie’s Donut Truck every morning “til the donuts run out”
– Hosts performances by Seaside Repertory Theatre and offers a weekly Parent’s Night Out
Alright, there are way too many South Walton Beaches to tell you about all of them here but each one is unique and offers something a little different! I really want to go check them out on my next break from the school schedule!
Leave a comment with your family’s favorite South Walton Beach or if you have never been, visit South Walton and leave a comment with which one fits your personality!