I recently had the pleasure of meeting with a Public Relations Coordinator for South Walton and I really enjoyed learning all about the different beaches that make up the community. It turns out that I actually already had the pleasure of visiting one of their beaches without knowing that the area is called South Walton. I have been to Seaside and I can attest that it is beautiful and peaceful (it was actually used for filming the Truman Show!) Then a few days later, I was talking to one my friends and she told me about her family vacation over the summer to Seascape which is also part of South Walton. She has been to South Walton quite a few times so I got the low down from her and she says that it is all beautiful beaches without the high rises and chains. She said that there is a large arts base and just a feeling of slowing down and enjoying the beautiful scenery and each other.
In Northwest Florida, South Walton’s sugar-white sand beaches and turquoise water complement the 15 individual beach neighborhoods that invite you to find your perfect beach. From a large arts community, to hip hangouts, to amazing foods, to unusual ecosystems, to lots of outdoor activities, South Walton has it all! South Walton has the world’s highest concentration of coastal dune lakes, offering breathtakingly beautiful flora and fauna.
South Walton is made up of 15 distinct beach neighborhoods (listed below west to east):
Miramar Beach · Seascape
Sandestin · Dune Allen
Santa Rosa Beach · Blue Mountain
Grayton Beach · WaterColor
Seaside · Seagrove · WaterSound
Seacrest · Alys Beach
Rosemary Beach · Inlet Beach
Since I love eco-friendly things, I was intrigued to find that South Walton has several eco-friendly beach neighborhoods:
- Almost 500 acres of green space set aside for conservation
- Named by Travel +Leisure as a top family-friendly US resort
- Camp Watercolor for kids, kayaking & YOLO boarding on Western Lake
- Coastal dune lake flows all the way to the Gulf, great spot for kids to play on the sand in shallow water only a few yards from the Gulf
- Grayton Beach State Park offers camping, cabin rentals, hike over white sand dune
- Hippie-chic vibe – Hibiscus House is vegetarian and pet-friendly and donates a portion of Sunday Brunch proceeds to local charities (outside dining called Backyard of Love)
- All-white neighborhood built with “green” materials to sustain hurricane force winds
- Spacious green for playing, concerts and games
- Tasty treats from Charlie’s Donut Truck every morning “til the donuts run out”
- Hosts performances by Seaside Repertory Theatre and offers a weekly Parent’s Night Out
Alright, there are way too many South Walton Beaches to tell you about all of them here but each one is unique and offers something a little different! I really want to go check them out on my next break from the school schedule! If you want to check out South Walton too, here is a great giveaway to help you do so!
South Walton Prize Pack and $100 American Express Gift Card Giveaway Details:
One lucky reader will receive one South Walton goodie bag, one $100 American Express gift card (can even be used for travel to South Walton!), and one handmade leather and recycled glass bracelet by South Walton’s Artist of the Year Allison Craft, valued at $178.
Description from Allison: Bracelet is made with hand drilled freshwater pearls on rolled and conditioned Greek Leather with Recycled Glass Beads mixed in. The beads are hand made in Ghana, Africa by craftspeople crushing the glass into a fine powder that is the heat fused together. The glass is then poured into clay molds with a cassava leaf stem for the hole. This method has been used in Africa for centuries.
Side Note: Allison’s Designs have also been worn by Rachael Ray at a “Let’s Move” event at the White House!
Giveaway Dates: November 3- December 1, 2011 Midnight CST
How to Enter:
Do one or more of the following and post a comment below about each action you took. Each comment will count as a separate entry so your chances of winning increase.
1. Leave a comment with your family’s favorite South Walton Beach or if you have never been, visit South Walton and leave a comment with which one fits your personality!
2. Subscribe to Family Focus Blog RSS feed or email in top right hand margin
3. “Like” South Walton on Facebook
4. Like Family Focus Blog Facebook page in the top right margin
5. Follow @SouthWalton on Twitter
6. Tweet and leave URL:
Enter to #win @SouthWalton Beaches Prize Pack, $100 #Amex Gift Card, #Pearl Bracelet #Giveaway http://familyfocusblog.com @familyfocusblog
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! Winner selected through random.org and notified by email- #727, fancygrlnancy.