Terry Walters is a best-selling author and one of the original leaders of the clean-eating movement. That is why I am so excited that she is sharing a recipe with us today that makes eating healthy delicious and easy! Terry’s new version of her best-selling cookbook CLEAN FOOD, has tons of new information resources and recipes, as well as a new chapter dedicated to CLEAN SNACKING (perfect for busy moms &kids.) Terry make a habit of sharing recipes with seasonal food that will delight the taste buds, strengthen immunity, clear skin, and improve sleep, and so much more.
When I prepare dinner , I try to make sure there’s something for everyone. This Sweet Potato, Corn and Kale Chowder accomplishes that in one pot and is a colorful variation on an old favorite. It cooks up quickly and provides a balanced meal rich in nutrients all in one satisfying bowl.
Clean Eating Recipe: Sweet Potato Kale Chowder
This healthy chowder cooks up quickly and provides a balanced meal rich in nutrients.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups rice milk, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 bunch kale, chopped into small pieces
- Water or stock as needed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In large pot over medium heat, sauté onion in oil until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, corn, thyme and stock and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add enough rice milk to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add dissolved cashew butter.
- Partially purée using a handheld blender.
- Add kale, return to heat, thin with water or stock to achieve desired consistency and cook until kale is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
I hope you enjoy this sweet potato kale chowder! What other clean eating recipes do you enjoy?
Guest post by best-selling author Terry Walters, who is a well-known holistic health counselor, food educator, and motivational speaker.