The Fourth of July always has great friends, family, memories, and food. If you are bringing or want to bring something to a Fourth of July barbeque but don’t know what, these two easy recipes Independence Day treats will have everyone asking how you made them! A Three Ingredient Peach Cobbler and Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispy Treats will be a hit with your friends and family.
Two Easy Independence Day Treats:
The Three Ingredient Peach Cobbler is the simplest cobbler to make. With only three ingredients, the cobbler has just the right amount of sweetness. My family tried this recipe and they loved it! It was light and tasted like a peach cobbler- but with only three ingredients!! The only thing that would make this even better is a scoop of ice cream on top!
If you are looking for a recipe to do with your kids, making the Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispy Treats will be a blast for your kids! It is the exact same as doing homemade Rice Krispy Treats accept you are making red and blue layers with it.
These Independence Day treats will leave your friends and family begging for more!
Three Ingredient Peach Cobbler
Peach Cobbler Ingredients:
- 1 box of Yellow box cake mix
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cans of sliced peaches (I used 2 ½ cans and the amount was perfect)
Peach Cobbler Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease your glassware baking dish to make cleaning up later a much easier process. You can use Pam, Crisco, butter, or coconut oil for this.
3. Pour out the cans of peaches with all the juice into the dish. You want to keep the juice because it will add more flavor when it is finished cooking.
4. Open your cake mix and pour evenly over the peaches. DO NOT MIX THEM!
6. Put it in the oven for 40 minutes. While cooking, you will smell the most delicious peach cobbler cooking! Take it out enjoy!
*Note: If you want to experiment, you can substitute other types of fruit for the peaches.
Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispy Treats
4th of July Rice Krispy Treats Ingredients:
- 1 box of Rice Krispies
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- Red and Blue food coloring (I used the gel kind)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Divide your ingredients into 3 separate bowls for your Rice Krispies and 3 separate bowls for your marshmallows. You want 2 cups of Rice Krispies in the first 3 bowls and 2 cups of marshmallows in the remaining bowls.
- Place a 1 tbsp slice of butter on top of the bowl of marshmallows. Microwave the bowl until you see the marshmallows rising to the top of the bowl.
- Take it out and mix the butter and melted marshmallows together. Add the red food coloring and mix well.
- Put the marshmallows into one of the Rice Krispy bowls and fold until they are all mixed.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the blue food coloring and again leave plain for the last one for the white layer (the white layer requires no food coloring)
- On a pan or in glassware of your choice, pour out the red layer of the Rice Krispies and flatten it to spread evenly. Then do the same for the white layer and blue layer.
- Let it rest for a little bit, then enjoy!!
With these fun and easy Independence Day treats, will you make them for your party or barbecue? Do you have any suggestions or other easy treats to make?