Did you know… some research from the Calorie Control Center claims that the average American may consume more than 4,500 calories and 229 grams of fat during a typical Thanksgiving dinner? I guess the turkey wasn’t the only thing stuffed on Thanksgiving! Don’t worry. I have a fat burning at home exercise routine to help you get rid of those extra pounds.
Weight Loss Exercise At Home To Help Burn Off Thanksgiving Calories
With more holidays on the way, calorie consumption isn’t slowing down. So are you ready to work off some of those Thanksgiving calories and future holiday calories? I know I am! But I also understand how busy the holiday season can get. Especially if you have kids in the mix. So if the gym isn’t an option, or it’s just not your thing, don’t fret. Here are some weight loss exercise at home exercise ideas to help you start burning off those Thanksgiving Day calories. Plus, they’ll only take a few minutes out of your busy schedule!
Put your furniture to work!
- Side-Lunge Pulse: Stand with your left foot on the floor and the inside of your right foot on the chair with your legs straight. Clasp your hands together in front of you. Push back in your hips and bend your left leg. Pulse up and down twice. Do this 15 times on each leg.
- Push-ups: Put your hands shoulder-width apart on the chair in a plank position. Lift one leg behind you. Bend your elbows and lower yourself to the chair. Do about 10 reps and then repeat with the other leg lifted.
- T-stand: Stand about an arm’s length from the chair. Put your left hand on the chair and extend your left leg straight from your hip behind you. Bend your right arm and keep it in front of your shoulder. Then, bend your knee in toward your hip and twist your torso left. You can rise up and bring your palms together or keep your hand on the chair. Try 1 set of 15 reps.
- Dips: Put your hands on the seat of the chair behind you and scoot forward; bend your knees and lift your heels. Then, bend your elbows to about a 90-degree angle. Repeat this 20 times.
30-Day Squat Challenge
This one is simple. You will do one set of squats every day. On day 1, do 30 squats. Up that number by at least 20 every day until you get to day 6. Day 6 is a rest day. On day 7, go through the process backwards (starting with the largest number). Repeat! This is a very flexible challenge. Push yourself, but choose numbers of squats that are reasonable for your body. You’ll definitely notice a difference in your legs and glutes! Want some weight? Try squatting with a full laundry basket. We all know those can get REALLY heavy. Don’t get much time to yourself? Sometimes I do them in the shower!
Want to work on your abs? Try any of these plank variations!
- Regular Plank: Hold your push-up position (on your elbows) for about 30 seconds.
- Side Plank: Get to your regular plank position. Then, shift over to one elbow keeping your body flat. Hold for 30 seconds on each side.
- Shifting-Hand Plank: Get in a push-up position on your hands. Move your hands in and out 15 times. Sometimes I do this while I am folding laundry. I will pick up a folded towel or piece of clothing in one hand and stack it in a pile. Then I will come back to the center. I’ll repeat it with the other hand, making a new stack.
- Jumping-Feet Plank: This one is great while you’re watching TV. Get in plank position on your hands and move your feet together and apart 16 times. Repeat!
Cardio is easy with kids running around the house. Just run with them! Try dance parties, tag, games, jumping, or anything that will keep you active for about 15-20 minutes. If you’ve got some time to yourself, go for a short run or walk outside (although it’s getting chilly out).
Don’t forget to combine all these great at-home exercises with healthy eating. Try this belly fat burning black bean avocado salad recipe.
Burn off those holiday calories with this fat burning at home exercise routine! Just take about 20-30 minutes each day for your body.
Which one of these weight loss exercise at home ideas do you think you will try first?