I recently had the opportunity to attend the North American International Auto Show (or NAIAS) in Detrioit. My trip was provided by Chrysler and I was given the opportunity to explore the Detroit Auto Show and the #PacificaPlayZone. For those of you that have ever wondered, “Can I get a hybrid minivan?” I have an exciting answer, “Yes!” The future American hybrid minivan is the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid 2017 and it will be the North American auto industry’s first electrified minivan.
Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid 2017 – The First American Hybrid Minivan
I have to tell you that attending the Detroit Auto Show was a bit overwhelming with so many people turning out to check out so many awesome vehicles. Nick Cannon, host of America’s Got Talent, was there to introduce the exciting new Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid 2017 and I was truly impressed with this future American hybrid minivan as it offers nearly 40 new minivan firsts.
Pacifica Minivan Hybrid Powertrain
The all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivan actually features a choice of two powerful powertrains – the minivan segment’s first hybrid powertrain, and the next generation of the award-winning Pentastar V-6 gasoline engine. I am going to focus on the Chrysler Pacifica hybrid minivan because it stole my heart. I love that it is such a fuel efficient family vehicle and I just love all the cool features and sleek exterior.
The Pacifica Hybrid is the industry’s first electric hybrid minivan. It will deliver an estimated range of 30 miles solely on zero-emissions electric power from a 16-kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery. So it can potentially handle the morning carpool or to work or school and back with solely electric power. It transitions seamlessly between gas and electric and is able to go about 53o miles total before needing to refill and/or charge. For in city driving, it is expected to achieve 80 MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent)!
More Features To Love About the Pacifica Hybrid Minivan
- All-new platform for class-leading ride and handling
- 100 standard and available safety and security features, including 360-degree Surround View camera, ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Hold and Forward Collision Warning-Plus
- Equipped with cutting edge technologies such as available all-new Uconnect Theater rear seat entertainment, 8.4-inch touchscreen display and premium audio systems
- 20″ wheels- unheard of in the minivan segment
- quietest vehicle in it’s class
- Full array of comfort and convenience technologies available, including Stow ‘n Vac integrated vacuum, tri-pane panoramic sunroof, handsfree sliding doors and liftgate and redesigned Stow ‘n Go seating with Stow ‘n Go Assist and Easy Tilt access to the third row
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning-Plus leverages electronic power steering (EPS) by delivering a torque input to alert and assist the driver with corrective action
- Other standard and available features include Blind-spot Monitoring, ParkView rear backup camera, electronic stability control and electric park brake.
Here’s a short video that shows the Pacifica minivan in use so you can see all the angles that photos can’t capture:
I don’t know about you but I am so excited that not only is there a coming future hybrid minivan but it is an American hybrid minivan! Expect the Pacifica Hybrid Minivan to be released in the fall of 2016 and to qualify for a $7, 500 tax credit. Will you consider the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivan hybrid for your next family vehicle?