Today, I am happy to feature a fabulous recipe for Chocolate Pudding Pie. This recipe is courtesy of Beverly Worth Palomba from her Special Day Cooking: A Life Skills Cookbook (affiliate link below_ and I thank her for giving me permission to share it here. Palomba finds that cooking with kids teaches them both cooking skills and life skills and her book is written especially for budding young cooks. The recipes in Special Day Cooking are in large type, and are formatted in consistent, easy-to-follow steps for all skill level. The recipes are great for children, those with learning disabilities, and those with autism or other special needs. The recipes are safe — needing only a microwave, toaster or blender and a plastic knife to cook, and sometimes no equipment at all — and can all be completed in one hour or less.
I agree that cooking with kids is a smart choice and a fun choice. This recipe for Chocolate Pudding Pie sounds like a delicious, creamy treat and because it calls for a simple instant chocolate pudding it will be nice and easy to make as well.
Makes 8 Pieces
– 1 ready-made graham cracker pie crust
– 1 (5.9 ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix
– 2 ½ cups milk
– Whipped topping
Put a paper towel on your cooking area to catch spills.
– 1 large mixing bowl
– 1 pie plate
– 1 liquid measuring cup
– 1 whisk
– 1 rubber spatula
– Plastic wrap
How To Make Chocolate Pudding Pie
Prepare Pie Crust
1. Open pie crust package.
2. Gently lift foil around edge of pie crust
3. Remove plastic cover.
4. Gently press foil back down around edge of pie crust.
5. Place pie crust with aluminum plate into your pie plate. Set aside.
(This will make it easier to move your pie place.)
1. Open (5.9 ounce) package of instant chocolate pudding mix.
2. Pour pudding mix into large mixing bowl.
3. Measure 2 ½ cups milk in liquid measuring cup. Add to pudding mix.
4. Mix with whisk for 2 minutes. (Set timer)
1. Pour chocolate pudding into pie crust.
2. Smooth pudding evenly in pie crust with rubber spatula.
3. Cover pie with plastic wrap. Put in refrigerator for 1 hour or more to thicken.
1. Top each piece of chocolate pudding pie with a scoop of whipped topping before serving.
Printable Instant Chocolate Pudding Pie
I hope you enjoy making this easy chocolate pudding pie recipe with a someone in your life. Recipes like this are great for showing kids how to follow a recipe and cook and giving them a lot pleasure in learning to cook Do you like cooking with your kids? What is your favorite dish to make?