Today, I am happy to feature a fabulous recipe for Chocolate Pudding Pie. This recipe is courtesy of Beverly Worth Palomba from her Special Day Cooking: A Life Skills Cookbook and I thank her for giving me permission to share it here. Palomba finds that cooking with kids teaches them both cooking skills and life skills and her book is written especially for budding young cooks. The recipes in Special Day Cooking are in large type, and are formatted in consistent, easy-to-follow steps for all skill level. These recipes are great for children, those with learning disabilities, and those with autism or other special needs. The recipes are safe — needing only a microwave, toaster or blender and a plastic knife to cook, and sometimes no equipment at all — and can all be completed in one hour or less. Here is my affiliate link to the cookbook on Amazon.
I agree that cooking with kids is a smart choice and a fun choice. This recipe for Chocolate Pudding Pie sounds like a delicious, creamy treat and because it calls for a simple instant chocolate pudding it will be nice and easy to make as well.
Chocolate Pudding Pie With Instant JELLO Pudding
Makes 8 Pieces
– 1 ready-made graham cracker pie crust
– 1 (5.9 ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix
– 2 ½ cups whole milk
– Whipped topping
Put a paper towel on your cooking area to catch spills.
– large mixing bowl
– 1 pie plate
– liquid measuring cup
– 1 whisk
– 1 rubber spatula
– Plastic wrap
How To Make Chocolate Pudding Pie
Prepare Pie Crust
1. Open prepared crust package.
2. Gently lift foil around edge of the pie shell
3. Remove plastic cover.
4. Gently press foil back down around edge of pie pan.
5. Place pie crust with aluminum plate into your pie plate. Set aside.
(This will make it easier to move your pie place.)
1. Open (5.9 ounce) package of instant chocolate pudding mix.
2. Pour pudding mix into large bowl.
3. Measure 2 ½ cups of milk in liquid measuring cup. Add to pudding mix.
4. Mix with whisk for 2 minutes. (Set timer)
1. Pour chocolate pudding into pie crust.
2. Smooth the surface of the pudding evenly in pie crust with rubber spatula.
3. Cover pie with clear plastic wrap. Put in refrigerator for 1 hour or more to thicken.
1. Top each piece of chocolate pudding pie with a scoop of whipped topping before serving.
Jello Chocolate Pudding Pie 5.9 oz Recipe Notes:
If you prefer you can turn this into a JELLO cook and serve chocolate pudding pie recipe, by just using JELL-O cook and serve chocolate pudding instead of instant pudding. The primary difference is the that the cooked pudding requires a medium heat source while the instant pudding takes 2 minutes of whisking and 5 minutes of sitting before serving. Both pudding options taste great!
The chocolate pudding pie ingredients list here calls for whipped topping. My grandmother LOVED her Cool Whip so I totally get that for a classic easy chocolate cream pie recipe with instant pudding. However, feel free to use fresh whipped cream in its place if heavy cream brings you as much happiness as it does me!
If you are wondering if you can use fat-free milk with Jello instant pudding, the answer is yes, but of course it won’t be as creamy and delicious! How much milk for Jello instant pudding pie? The 5.9 ounce package needs 2.5 cups of whole milk.
Feel free to go all out and top your Chocolate Pudding Pie slice with a maraschino cherry and chocolate shavings. You can take a chocolate bar and run a knife or vegetable peeler along the edge to make your chocolate curls. Alternatively, feel free to use cocoa powder for a more bittersweet chocolate flavor.
Printable Instant Chocolate Pudding Pie
Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe
- 1 ready-made graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (5.9 ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1/2 cup Whipped topping
- Open (5.9 ounce) package of instant chocolate pudding mix.
- Pour pudding mix into large mixing bowl.
- Measure 2 ½ cups milk in liquid measuring cup. Add to pudding mix.
- Mix with whisk for 2 minutes. (Set timer)
- Pour pudding into pie crust.
- Smooth pudding evenly in pie crust with rubber spatula.
- Cover pie with plastic wrap. Put in refrigerator for 1 hour or more to thicken.
- Top each piece with a scoop of whipped topping before serving.
Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.39 g||13.8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.26 g||15%|
|Cholesterol 10.48 mg||3.3%|
|Sodium 511.11 mg||21.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.21 g||12.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.19 g||4%|
|Sugars 22.49 g|
|Protein 4.17 g|
|Vitamin A 4.68 %||Vitamin C 0.0 %|
|Calcium 9.91 %||Iron 4.94 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Family Focus Blog
One final twist to consider if you get bored of this chocolate pie recipe, is trying an oreo crust! You just need oreos, a food processor, and some melted butter to make your own oreo cookie crust.
I am huge on delicious chocolate desserts like this Jello instant pudding pie. This is the perfect dessert for any time of the year. I hope you enjoy making this easy chocolate pudding pie recipe with a someone in your life. Try not to eat the entire pie in one sitting! Easy recipes like this are great for showing kids how to follow a recipe and cook. This is one of my favorite desserts because you get a lot pleasure in learning to cook without much pressure. Do you like cooking with your kids? What is your favorite dish to make?
5 Reasons Kids Should Help Cook