I learn about all kinds of new products, apps, and events everyday when I open my inbox. There are so many that I can’t share them all but I always pick the best and share the scoop with y’all. When I was invited to the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas Media Drive Event, I accepted because the VW Atlas SUV is the biggest and boldest Volkswagen ever built in the United States and I thought y’all would want to know about it!
7 Passenger Family SUV
I recently was in the market for a new family SUV. I only have two kids but we do carpool a lot and they have friends over a lot and we like to go camping regularly so I had a tough time deciding between a 5 passenger family SUV or upgrading to a 7-8 passenger family SUV. That means I did a lot of research on both so I am very familiar with this market at the moment. Well, the introduction of the VW Atlas SUV just adds more choice to the mix and let me just say, I think you’ll like it. I know I enjoyed taking it for a test drive!
OK, so the VW Atlas SUV seats 7, but with how much room? Well, quite a bit. It seats seven adults comfortably so you don’t have to worry about people cramming in next to each other like sardines. Alternatively, it also has plenty of room for car seats.
3 Car Seats In The Second Row
The VW Atlas SUV 2nd row of seats can hold three full size car seats. That is right, 3 car seats fit comfortably in one row. And that’s not all. With the VW innovative access system, the third-row can be easily be reached even with the child seats installed in the second row. You can actually fold the second row of seats forward even when there is an empty child seat attached so that you can always access the third row without the hassle of having to remove a car seat first. That is a huge time saver and a real game changer.
VW Atlas SUV Highlights
Now you know it will fit your family and there is plenty of room to be comfortable but what about everything else like cargo room, safety features, and cool new tech options? Well, here is the skinny on those.
There are a lot of VW Atlas SUV fancy tech features you are sure to love:
- The Atlas is the only vehicle in its class to offer Automatic Post-Collision Braking System reducing the chance of additional damage.
- Rearview Camera
- Innovative Volkswagen Digital Cockpit instrumentation (12.3 inch screen) that allows for more driver-centric displays.
- Volkswagen Car-Net® system provides a full suite of connected vehicle services, including standard App-Connect technology that offers integration with the three major smartphone platforms—Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™ and MirrorLink®.
- Available Fender® Premium Audio System with 480-watt amplifier and 12 speakers.
- Standard LED headlights and LED Daytime Running Lights.
- Two engine options: four-cylinder TSI® turbo or the available powerful VR6®, both with eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Optional 4Motion® all-wheel-drive system on VR6 models or standard front-wheel-drive.
- Available driver assistance features such as Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC); Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist); Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert; Lane Departure Warning (Lane Assist), which actively helps the driver steer the car back into its lane; and Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist).
- Available power tailgate with easy open.
- Available heated outboard rear seats.
- Available three-zone Climatronic.
VW Atlas Cargo Stats:
2nd and 3rd row folded flat give you 96.8 cubic feet
3rd row folded flat gives you 55.5 cubic feet
All seats upright 20.6 cubic feet
But what about the price?
When you are talking about an awesome auto like the VW Atlas, you can expect to spend some money but I was at surprised at just how competitively priced the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas is. I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you compare it to midsize SUV competitors that it is right in the same price range, even with the distinctive design and craftsmanship that VW is known for. There are five trim levels for the VW Atlas SUV and they are priced according to the package options and features.
There are so many fabulous color choices.
Built in The USA
The VW Atlas SUV is built at the Volkswagen Chattanooga assembly plant. The Chattanooga plant is the only automotive manufacturing facility in the world to receive Platinum certification by the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) program. That is triple cool- built right here in TN, built right here in the USA, and at a green facility- sweet!
Still want to know more? Check out the Atlas on the VW site. You can also see what else is new for 2018 at Kelley Blue Book. What are your favorite features? What is most important to you when you are selecting the perfect family car?