The Dalai Lama teachings make great advice year round but I found some beliefs to be particularly inspirational for the new year. I decided I would share with you 10 Dalai Lama beliefs that I especially enjoyed and I thought might come in handy when getting ready to start the New Year. You may even find a New Year’s Resolution. Many of the points made by the Dalai Lama buddha seem like mindful instructions for life!
10 Dalai Lama Teachings For The New Year:
With the new year upon us, it is time to adopt some healthy resolutions. Why not make it something meaningful to you from these Dalai Lama instructions for life?
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s:
– Respect for self,
– Respect for others and
– Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
6. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
7. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
8. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
9. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
10. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
I know 9 and 10 seem similar but I love it when one good action has more than one good result! Which of these Dalai Lama beliefs is most meaningful to you?
Dalai Lama Quotes That Also Inspire:
“Love is the absence of judgment.” Dalai Lama
Love should create a place of safety without judgment. Your loved ones don’t need your “constructive criticism”. They get it everywhere else. Let your love be their place of safety and recharging. That doesn’t mean you you can’t ask for a change of behavior that effects you but you need to ask in a way that is compassionate, not judgmental.
Is Dalai Lama Buddhist? According to dalailama.com, he describes himself “as a simple buddhist monk”.
“Whether you call it Buddhism or another religion, self-discipline, that’s important. Self-discipline with awareness of consequences.” -Dalai Lama
Read more Dalai Lama quotes at brainyquote.com
We must be aware of our actions and the ripples they create.
The Dalai Lama is pretty wise. Wondering how old the Dalia Lama is? Well, he was born on July 6, 1935 so you can do the math.
What are your favorite pieces Dalai Lama advice for the new year? Do you plan to make a New Year’s resolution? Do you have an inspirational quote you would like to share to inspire other’s for the New Year?
5 Resolutions For A Healthy New Year
How You Can Help Your Kids Manage Stress