I have noticed that over the past few weeks the people around me have announced weddings, pregnancies, graduations and even an untimely death. These are all example of everyday life changes. Though special in their own way, they generally bring a lot of stress to our lives as people, but especially as women. A few ways that we can help deal with stress is too take care of our mind and body. My favorite way of destressing is by meditating. Meditation brings a sense of peace, allows you to relax, and is even considered healthy.
Why Meditating Can Be Useful:
According to the huffingtonpost.com, meditation is known to:
- Lower stress
- Connect with your true self
- Improves focus
- Help regulate emotion and attention
- Lower risk of depression during pregnancy
- Improve sleep
With all these health benefits, you are sure to enjoy these healthy living tips for meditating. Don’t be afraid to try mediation out. You can learn to meditate as you go!
Tips For Healthy Living By Meditating: How To Begin Meditating
Photo Credit: healthsciencedegree.info
- Pick a peaceful place, I find peace outside on a patio and in a garden, however it can be anywhere that is calming and you won’t be interrupted for the time you are meditating.
- Remember to breathe, breathing slows your heart down and relaxes your muscles.
- Stretch, stretching allows you to loosen not only your muscles but inner tension and brings attention to your body.
- Sit comfortably; you don’t have to do the traditional pose where your legs are folded if it is uncomfortable.
- Quite your mind, with constant communication through technology, trying to figure out what to cook for dinner, and remember if the meeting you have is this upcoming Wednesday or next Wednesday. There’s always a thought running through your mind, for the time you are meditating allow those thoughts to go out of your mind and focus on yourself.
I hope these tips for meditatingspark your interest in meditation, allow you a peace of mind and get you on the road to healthy living. What is your favorite place to mediate? What are some ways that you manage stress?