Here is a delicious zucchini pie recipe. This recipe is quite similar to a quiche but it is crustless. You still get the satisfaction that you would from a crust because there is Bisquick in the zucchini casserole itself. It is great comfort food and you can serve it as a breakfast dish or a dinner side dish. It is easy to make with very little prep work and a short cook time.
This time of year, you will be having lots of zucchini coming from your garden and here is one fun way to enjoy this healthy vegetable. Fresh zucchini are full of phytonutrients, minerals and vitamin C. I hope you enjoy this zucchini casserole or as we call it in my family, zucchini pie.
Zucchini Pie Recipe aka Zucchini Casserole
This recipe came from my great grandmother, so from my family to yours, enjoy!
- 3 cups zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup biscuit mix (we use Bisquick)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
How To Make Zucchini Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice thin and dice the zucchini and the onion.
- Mix together the zucchini, onion, biscuit mix, eggs, oil, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper until zucchini is evenly coated. I prefer to use Locatelli grated pecorino romano cheese.
- Pour mixture into a buttered pie plate or casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
What is your favorite zucchini dish? Have you ever tried a zucchini casserole? Would you make this quick and easy zucchini pie with Bisquick? Let us know how you like it and share pictures of yours at @familyfocublog