Here is a delicious zucchini pie recipe. This recipe is quite similar to a quiche but it is crustless. You still get the satisfaction that you would from a crust because there is Bisquick in the zucchini casserole itself. It is great comfort food and you can serve it as a breakfast dish or a dinner side dish. This Bisquick zucchini pie is easy to make with very little prep work and a short cook time.
This time of year, you will be having an abundance of zucchini coming from your garden and here is one fun way to enjoy this healthy vegetable. Fresh zucchini are full of phytonutrients, minerals and vitamin C. I hope you enjoy this zucchini casserole or as we call it in my family, zucchini pie.
Bisquick Zucchini Pie aka Zucchini Casserole
This recipe came from my great grandmother, so from my family to yours, enjoy!
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup biscuit mix (we use Bisquick)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
How To Make Zucchini Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice thin and dice the zucchini and the onion.
- Combine the zucchini, onion, biscuit mix, eggs, oil, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and mix together until zucchini is evenly coated. My grandmother’s recipe calls for parmesan grated cheese but I prefer to use Locatelli grated pecorino romano cheese. They both taste delicious so use what you have on hand.
- Pour mixture into a prepared baking dish such as buttered pie plate or casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
I hope you love this recipe! What is your favorite zucchini dish? Have you ever tried a zucchini casserole? Would you make this quick and easy zucchini pie with Bisquick? Let us know how you like it and share pictures of yours at @familyfocublog