If you are someone who likes to prepare their meals for the week this is a great four bean salad recipe for you! There is no stove top cooking involved and it is easy to make even for the novice chef. For anyone vegan or vegetarian, this a flavorful recipe full of protein that will keep you full. I discovered this recipe from Penzeys Spices and over the years have I have tweaked it to my liking. I added garbanzo beans, more garlic, sweet onion and cilantro from my own plant. You are going to love the fresh flavors in this kidney bean salad with cilantro.
Pepper Four Bean Salad Recipe
This four bean salad has black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, and garbanzo beans. This high protein salad is balanced out with fresh peppers, corn, cilantro, and a yummy, homemade vinaigrette dressing.
4 Bean Salad Ingredients
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans
- 1 15 ounce can of kidney beans
- 1 15 ounce can of pinto beans
- 1 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans
- 2 cups of fresh corn
- 1 red or sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 limes
How To Make 4 Bean Salad:
- Rinse and drain the black, kidney, pinto and garbanzo beans and toss them in a large bowl.
- Cut 2 cups of corn off of the cob. I used 3 cobs. Add this to the bowl and toss.
- Chop 1 sweet or red onion and add it to the bowl and toss. I used 1 large sweet onion.
- Chop 3 cloves of garlic and add to the bowl and toss.
- Seed and chop the red and green bell pepper. Add them to the bowl and toss.
- Seed and chop 2 jalapeno peppers. Add them to the bowl and toss.
Caution! If you have never seeded and chopped a jalapeno follow these directions:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a bandana. The fumes of the jalapeno can be very irritating.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers then cut them in half down the center.
- Take them over to the sink, seed them and rinse.
- After they have been seeded, chop them and add them to the bowl.
How To Make The Southwestern Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a separate bowl mix the canola oil and red wine vinegar together.
- Add the ground cumin, pepper and ground salt.
- Juice 2 limes into the bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup or 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro and mix together. I used fresh cilantro from my own plant!
- Pour this dressing into the salad bowl and toss.
You can eat right away or let the dressing and four bean salad marinate for a couple hours before eating for more married flavors. Store bean salad in the fridge. Enjoy!
Printable Recipe For Four Bean Salad
Would you make this four bean salad recipe? Would you add anything to it? If you would add to it, what would you add?