When I saw that Educational Insights offered Phonics Bean Bags designed to teach letter sounds through active play, I knew that they would be perfect for my 4 year old son! I wanted the phonics bean bags because they sounded like they would make teaching phonics fun for me and learning phonics fun for my active son. My daughter is 6 and she is already a good little reader and I like to help him keep up with her so I thought we could play with the phonics bean bags while she was at school. She discovered the bean bags to though and wanted in on the fun. The phonics bean bag set comes with a bunch of really fun game suggestions and detailed instructions for play plus we have made up a few of our own. Not only have the bean bags been great at developing my son’s phonics skills but also at improving the aim of both my daughter and son. These phonics bean bags are lots of fun and we approve!
Kinesthetically reinforce phonics lessons in tossing games with adorable picture bean bags.
- Includes 26 bean bags, each with a richly embroidered picture that represents a letter sound, for active play that engages children in developing phonemic awareness
- Features pictures on both sides of vowel bags to represent long and short vowel sounds, plus pictures on both sides of c and g bags to represent their hard and soft sounds
- Offers suggestions for hands-on phonics games in Activity Guide
- Provides storage for all components in drawstring bag
- Washable felt bean bags are lightweight and measure 2.75″ each, easy for young children to handle
I was provided with bean bags in the hopes that I would share my honest opinions. I received no monetary compensation for this review and the opinions expressed are my own.