Here is a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust and as well for the pizza toppings I use with it. This recipe is enough for a personal sized pizza so if you are wanting to make one large pizza for a group I would suggest doubling the recipe. Or you can make tons of different types of personal sized pizzas for a party or as appetizers. The cauliflower crust itself is filled with a ton of flavors and tastes even better than traditional pizza dough crust. This cauliflower pizza crust is a healthier alternative and can be perfect for those who want to go gluten free, vegan, or keto. Feel free to add whatever toppings you like to the suggestions I provide for your cauliflower crust pizza.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe (Vegan)
Ingredients for Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon almond meal/flour
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds or ground flax seed
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
How To Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- First, using a food ricer, cheese grater, or food processor, grate 2 cups of cauliflower. Then microwave the 2 cups of riced cauliflower in a bowl for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Next, lay grated cauliflower on a few paper towels and cover with paper towels. This will remove the moisture.
- While you are waiting for the cauliflower to dry, combine in a separate bowl 2 eggs, coconut flour, almond meal/flour, ground chia or flax seeds, 1 large clove of minced garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. When combining the ingredients add them one at a time and mix thoroughly.
- Now you can add your cauliflower to the mix.
- Grab a cookie sheet and spread the “dough” evenly into any shape you want. Make sure the “dough” is roughly 1/2 to 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Put into the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. I cooked mine for 20 minutes.
Ingredients for Pizza Toppings:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Yellow onion
Toppings For Cauliflower Crust Pizza:
- While you are waiting for your crust to cook you can get your toppings ready!
- In a bowl combine 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup ricotta cheese. If you plan on using sliced onion you can add it to the cheese as well.
- The next step is the clean and cut your broccoli and mushrooms. I personally used 5 small broccoli trees and 10 mushrooms. Cut the stems off of the broccoli and cut the top part in half.
- Once your crust is brown around the edges take it out and decorate your pizza with toppings.
- Put your pizza back into the oven for about 10 minutes to let the cheese melt and veggies soften. Enjoy!
Would you make this cauliflower pizza crust recipe? Have you ever tried a cauliflower crust pizza? If you decide to make your own, share with us which toppings you decide to try!
Printable Recipe Card