Here is a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust and as well for the pizza toppings I use with it. This recipe is enough for a personal sized pizza so if you are wanting to make one large pizza for a group I would suggest doubling the recipe. Or you can make tons of different types of personal sized pizzas for a party or as appetizers. The cauliflower crust itself is filled with a ton of flavors and tastes even better than traditional pizza dough crust. This cauliflower pizza crust is a healthier alternative and can be perfect for those who want to go gluten free, vegan, or keto. Feel free to add whatever toppings you like to the suggestions I provide for your cauliflower crust pizza.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe (Vegan)
Struggling to achieve that perfect crispy texture for your vegan cauliflower pizza crust? Look no further! This comprehensive guide will walk you through the step-by-step process to achieve a crust that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Ingredients for Vegan Cauliflower Crust:
- 1 large head of fresh cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon almond meal/flour
- one tbsp ground chia seeds or ground flax seed
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean oregano
- one teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- one tsp pepper
How To Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- First, using a food ricer, cheese grater, or food processor, grate 2 cups of cauliflower. Then microwave the 2 cups of riced cauliflower florets in a bowl for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Next, lay grated cauliflower on a few paper towels and cover with paper towels. This will remove the moisture.
- While you are waiting for the cauliflower to dry, combine in a separate bowl 2 eggs, coconut flour, almond flour, ground chia or flax seeds, 1 large clove of minced garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. When combining the ingredients add them one at a time and mix thoroughly.
- Now you can add your cauliflower to the mix.
- Grab a cookie sheet or baking sheet and spread the “dough” evenly into any shape you want. Make sure the “dough” is roughly 1/2 to 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Put into the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. I cooked mine for 20 minutes.
Ingredients for Pizza Toppings:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella vegan cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Yellow onion
Feel free to substitute your favorite toppings here but these do make an extra yummy vegan pizza. Note, if you must use marina sauce, I suggest only a thin layer of tomato sauce. I also suggest you put it on top of the cheese so its moisture content does make the crust soggy.
Toppings For Cauliflower Crust Pizza:
- While you are waiting for your crust to cook you can get your toppings ready!
- In a bowl combine 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup ricotta cheese. If you plan on using sliced onion you can add it to the cheese as well.
- The next step is the clean and cut your broccoli and mushrooms. I personally used 5 small broccoli trees and 10 mushrooms. Cut the stems off of the broccoli and cut the top part in half.
- Once your crust is brown around the edges take it out and decorate your pizza with toppings.
- Put your pizza back into the oven for about 10 minutes to let the cheese melt and veggies soften. Enjoy!
This is the perfect crust for a delicious plant based pizza. Would you make this cauliflower pizza crust recipe? Have you ever tried a cauliflower crust pizza? If you decide to make your own, share with us which toppings you decide to try!
Printable Recipe Card
This ought to satisfy your pizza cravings. There are numerous health benefits of using vegan cauliflower pizza crust as a delicious and nutritious alternative to a traditional pizza crust. From its low calorie and high fiber content to its rich vitamin and mineral profile, this crust will not only satisfy your cravings but also support your overall well-being. Say hello to guilt-free indulgence!