Here is an easy and simple step-by-step DIY autumn wreath tutorial. October is coming up and that means Halloween decorations! So give your classic autumn wreath the spirit of Halloween with spooky detachable letters. A simple wreath can go a long way whether you plan on decorating the house or not for this fall season.
DIY Autumn Wreath Tutorial
DIY Autumn Wreath Supplies:
- Grape vine wreath
- Different autumn themed bushes
- Glue gun optional
- Wood letters optional
- Paint optional
- Glitter optional
- Hooks optional
DIY Autumn Wreath Instructions:
- First, lay out the bushes on top of the wreath to get a good idea of what your wreath will look like. Chose different sized and different looking bushes. This will add more dimension and make the wreath look more interesting.
- Now the bushes should gather to a point like the stem of faux flowers and bouquets. You will want to stick these points into the wreath. Coat the point in glue using a glue gun, this step is optional.
- Continue around the entire wreath until you are satisfied!
- Autumn wreaths are typical decor between September and November. If you want to add some detachable fun to your wreath for the month of October then continue on!
- Take your wooden letters and paint them black. I used boo as my wooden letters, but choose whatever you want!
- Now before the paint dries, sprinkle some orange/gold glitter light on top so the black still shows through.
- Once everything is dry glue your hooks on the back of the letters and hook them onto your wreath and enjoy! Tip: paper clips make great hooks!
Have you ever made and decorated your own wreath? Would you make this DIY autumn wreath? Do you think you will add the detachable letters for Halloween? If you do, please share your creations with us @familyfocusblog!