This is a step-by-step tutorial for a DIY headband. To decorate the homemade headbands, we use foam sheets to create layered flowers. This is an easy and inexpensive way to make a personalized headband and a great craft for older kids! You can create a variety of flowers by using different colors of foam sheets and patterns. The brads used to cinch the flower layers together and also serve as the decorative flower centers, also come in a variety of colors, textures, and styles. These DIY floral headbands are easy to make and easy to customize by adding more or less flowers, sticking to a color theme, or matching a specific outfit.
DIY Flower Headband
Supplies for Homemade Headbands:
- Foam sheets
- Glue gun
- Rhinestone Brads
- Pen or pencil
- Glitter optional
How To Make Homemade Headband:
- First, you will need to create a flower stencil. You can create your own or find a pattern online. Go for two or three different sizes so you can stack them and get a 3D effect for your DIY flower headband.
2. Using the stencils you have created, trace around them onto the foam sheet.
3. Next, cut out your foam flowers.
4. Stack the patterns on top of one another and stick the brad into the center. Fold the prongs over to secure the flower.
5. Create as many flowers as you would like to put onto the headband in any color you prefer. For this specific head band I used 7 flowers.
6. Add glitter for decoration. Optional.
7. Lastly, use your glue gun and glue the flowers onto the headband. (If a child is doing this craft with you, be sure to exercise care with the glue gun and make sure they understand that glue guns can get hot enough to burn.) Make sure you allow the glue to dry fully and then you are done! Enjoy!
Printable DIY Floral Headband Instructions
How often do you make DIY projects? Have you ever used foam sheets for your projects? Would you make this DIY headband? If you make a DIY floral headband, be sure to share it with us on our Facebook page, Twitter, or Instagram @familyfocusblog. We’d love to see how you creatively personalize your DIY flower headband!