This is a step-by-step tutorial for a DIY floral headband using foam sheets. This is an easy and inexpensive way to make a floral headband and a great craft for kids! You can create a variety of color schemes by using different foam colors and patterns. Brads also come in a variety of colors, textures, and styles. These DIY foral headbands are easy to make and easy to customize by adding more or less flowers, sticking to a color theme, or matching a specific outfit.
Supplies for DIY Floral Headband:
- Foam sheets
- Glue gun
- Rhinestone Brads
- Pen or pencil
- Glitter optional
How To Make A DIY Floral Headband:
- First, you will need to create a stencil. You can create your own or find a pattern online.
- Using the stencils you have created, trace around them onto the foam sheet.
- Next, cut out your foam flowers.
- Stack the patterns on top of one another and stick the brad into the center. Fold the prongs over to secure the flower.
- Create as many flowers as you would like to put onto the headband in any color you prefer. For this specific head band I used 7 flowers.
- Add glitter for decoration. Optional.
- Lastly, use your glue gun and glue the flowers onto the headband. (If a child is doing this craft with you, be sure to exercise care with the glue gun and make sure they understand that glue guns can get hot enough to burn.) Make sure you allow the glue to dry fully and then you are done! Enjoy!
How often do you make DIY projects? Have you ever used foam sheets for your projects? Would you make this DIY floral headband? If you make a DIY foral headband, be sure to share it with us on our Facebook page, Twitter, or Instagram. We’d love to see how your creativity personalizes your floral headband!