Getting into the Olympic spirit? Well, here is a fun craft project to celebrate the Olympics and to help you keep track of Olympic event medals. Matt Rogers showed us you how to make a DIY Olympics score puzzle on the Home & Family Show and I was given permission to share it with you here. You can tune in to Home & Family weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel. First things first, he suggests you find 20 Olympic events that you want to fill the score puzzle. You can check the Olympic schedule here. This entire DIY will cost you $50 but you can do it for even less if you prefer to make a poster board version of the Olympics Score Puzzle.
DIY Olympics Rings Puzzle Tutorial- Fun Way To Keep Score
It is a puzzle you are putting together as the events finish and where you team finishes. It is an eight piece puzzle but you can do as many or as few pieces as you want. The magnets give it an extra fun element.
Olympics Craft Supplies:
- 24×36 white magnet board
- 5 wood floral rings
- 38 small round magnets
- Hot glue
- Chalk Paint in ring colors
- Chalk or chalk marker
How To Make A Homemade Olympics Rings Puzzle:
1) Paint each ring into appropriate color.
2) Allow to dry.
3) Lay your rings out in the famous pattern.
4) Use a pencil to mark where you will cut the rings.
5) Cut each ring into sections.
6) Glue two magnets to the back of each ring piece.
7) Have chalk handy and as your favorite competition ends the night, write in the winner or country and begin to assemble your flag.
Here is a video clip in case you need clarification on any of the steps.
I hope you enjoy this easy Olympics craft and have fun keeping score of your favorite Olympic events. Let me know how it comes out if you try it or send us a photo @familyfocusblog. This would be great for Olympic theme parties or family watching nights. Which event is your favorite?