Do you remember your first copycat recipe? Discovering that feeling of wonder when you realized that you could make that favorite drink or dessert yourself, and then have it ANYTIME you wanted? And for cheaper than buying it? Well, then you will love this Ritz cracker mint chocolate cookie recipe because they make great copycat Thin Mints.
Ritz Cracker Thin Mints
Gosh, I don’t remember what my first copycat recipe was, but I still relish the feeling that comes whenever I find a recipe that makes my wildest and tastiest dreams come true. When I find myself saying, “No way! These taste exactly like those!” it’s a good recipe, and a good day. Not only do those recipes allow you the freedom to keep your money and eat your favorite foods too, they allow you to tinker with the recipe to tailor it to your tastes, make it even tastier to you. It is also beneficial because then you can make it healthier, or free from an ingredient you’re allergic to. Needless to say, I love copycat recipes, and here’s my favorite – Ritz Cracker Thin Mints!
Has Girl Scout Season come and gone already? It’s a fleeting season, a time where we sit by the door with a watchful eye, just waiting for them to knock. Then, of course, we have to play nonchalant when they turn their cherub faces up and ask to give us mouth-watering treats in exchange for our donation to a good cause. Pffft. Those scouts think it’s hard to sell cookies, but we’re just playing hard to get! We all know if they turned around and headed back down our porch steps we’d leap after them, fall at their feet, and beg for the contents of their little red wagon.
You no longer have to wait all year until the Girl Scouts come knocking! I’m about to ruin your healthy eating habits – and show you how you can make your own batch with this Easy Homemade Thin Mint Cookies recipe. And it’s really easy, really cheap, and really scrumptious!
How To Make Ritz Chocolate Mint Cookies:
Just 4 ingredients for this yummy treat.
Easy Homemade Thin Mint Cookies Ingredients:
- 8 oz Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15 Ritz crackers
- 1 Candy cane or 5 peppermint candies
- ¼ tsp Peppermint Extract
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Crush up peppermint candy. You have several options for crushing the candies. You can use a mortar and pestle or you can use a food processor or a blender or even place in a plastic bang and hammer them out.
- Slowly melt chocolate squares or chocolate chips. You can do this in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds and then stirring and heating again for 15 seconds and then stirring. Continue repeating this process until melted. Or you can melt it on the stove using a double boiler.
- Add peppermint extract to the melted chocolate and stir in.
- Dip the crackers into the chocolate, scrape off any extra chocolate, and place on wax paper.
- Sprinkle with peppermint candy crumbs.
- Set in fridge for 20 minutes.
Don’t they look delicious?
Yep, I ate the whole batch myself…in about 10 minutes.
These are a perfect quick snack for an indulgent munch night. The recipe doubles and even triples easily if you use chocolate chips.
Printable Thin Mint Cookie Recipe Using Ritz Crackers
Trying them out to be able to have the next best thing to your favorite Girl Scout cookie year round! Know any other Girl Scout cookie copycat recipes? What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie?