Every year my children’s schools, like so many others, do fundraisers. They are a fantastic way to make sure our kids have the resources they need. Wayne Elsey, is founder of Funds2Orgs, and he came up with a great idea to make a fundraiser that that helped out local schools but at the same time helped out in developing nations at no extra cost. Here, I will turn it over to him so he can explain exactly how it works.
Fundraising Ideas That Raise Money and Help Developing Nations
By: Wayne Elsey
Fundraising ideas can raise money and make a big social impact. I’m a father, which means I’ve experienced the days when my daughter came home with the school fundraising envelope. At the time I was in footwear sales, but I’ll tell you that I didn’t like selling candy to my family, friends, and co-workers.
Flash forward some years. I had the opportunity to learn a lot about developing nations. For example, did you know that many families with children live on as little as $2 a day? That’s considered extreme poverty by international standards. And, did you know that in some developing nations less than 15 percent of the population owns a car? Want to know the primary mode of transportation? Shoes.
Later, when I became a global philanthropist and change-agent I brought those things I learned after the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, Hurricane Katrina and the earthquake in Haiti to my next endeavor. My team and I developed and grew one of the leading school fundraising companies in our country. It’s called Funds2Orgs. To get where we are today, we’ve spoken to many school administrators, parents, and teachers. And, it’s helped us spark the shoe drive movement we have today.
Funds2Orgs is a shoe drive fundraising company. I’m proud today that we’ve worked with thousands of PTOs, schools, boosters, PTAs and others. All our shoe drive fundraising partners do is collect gently worn, used and new shoes. Funds2Orgs issues a check based on the total weight of the shoes.
When your school or youth group does a fundraiser with us, no one has to give money. The currency for this fundraiser is gently worn, used and new shoes. We issue a check based on the total weight of the shoes gathered.
We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and that’s because we’re committed to giving our shoe drive partners all the tools and support they need for success. We’ve got a proven approach and thousands of organizations that have worked with us. And, our business model is predicated on no out-of-pocket costs. We know schools and educational organizations have tight budgets and can’t afford upfront costs. So, we give you the following:
- The shoe collection, promotion, and marketing materials.
- A team of fundraising coaches ready to work with you every step of the way.
- Our driving team picks up the shoes from their storage location.
- A check is issued within 2 business days of the shoes being received and processed at our warehouse.
I alluded to the fact at the start of this article that our shoe drive fundraisers make a big social impact. Here are the three reasons why:
- A shoe drive fundraiser is fun and engaging. Families and supporters don’t mind giving gently worn, used and new shoes if they don’t have to open their wallets.
- The shoes collected are shipped to micro-entrepreneurs around the world. These small business owners sell the shoes for a profit in a business. So you help give them a hand-up, not a hand-out.
- You give your community a socially responsible way to dispose of shoes with a shoe drive. Each year, 600 million shoes are thrown in landfills across our country. That’s bad for the environment and health.
Are you looking for creative fundraising ideas that raise money to make a local and global social impact? Maybe it’s time to check out Funds2Orgs.com.