Here is a step-by-step Halloween FX prosthetics tutorial. Prosthetics are basically professional quality zombie makeup that can truly bring any costume to life! Zombie clothes are a great start but the makeup is the real clincher. Whether you are adding a zombie bite or changing the look and shape of your nose, this tutorial goes over the basics of applying a prosthetic and making it look as authentic as possible.
Halloween Zombie Makeup Tutorial
- Prosthetic piece
- Spirit gum
- Liquid latex
- Tissue or toilet paper
- Grease paint
- Makeup sponges
- Fake blood
You can find FX prosthetic kits like this one on Amazon which have most of the supplies you need.
How To Do Zombie Makeup With FX Prosthetics:
- First, chose a spot to place the prosthetic and cleanse the skin. Once you have done this, you can either outline the area on your skin using a white eyeliner and brush a layer of spirit gum directly onto the skin or you can just apply the spirit gum to the prosthetic. Make sure the entire area has a layer of spirit gum.
- Place the prosthetic onto the skin and hold.
- Once the spirit gum has dried you can do one of two things to make your prosthetic look as real as possible.
- If you have made your own or purchased a good quality prosthetic then blend the edges of the piece using liquid latex layers. Make sure you let each layer dry before applying another layer.
- If you have purchased a prosthetic with thick edges that will not blend well with liquid latex only then you will need to use tissue or thin toilet paper.
- First, add a few layers of liquid latex to the edges of the prosthetic and your skin. Then add thin layers of tissue or toilet paper as you see fit.
Do you plan to use this for a Halloween zombie costume or some other character? Have you ever used prosthetics? Will you be using prosthetics this Halloween? If you do, be sure to share your creations with us @familyfocusblog!