Here is a step-by-step Roy Lichtenstein inspired Halloween comic book makeup tutorial. This is an easy and fast makeup look for Halloween! If you want to try this look and you do not have the makeup listed under the supplies feel free to use grease paints or face paints instead.
Comic Book Pop Art Makeup Step By Step With Photos
- Skin primer (optional)
- Foundation (optional)
- Black gel liner and/or liquid liner
- White liquid liner
- Red lipstick
- Blue eyeshadow
How To Do Comic Book Makeup For Halloween:
- First, if you want this look to last for an extended period of time use a skin primer before applying foundation.
- Apply foundation of your skin color first and set with powder. Do not use any blush, bronzer or contouring. We want the face to look as flat as possible.
- Next for your comic book makeup look, use the black gel liner fill in your eyebrows. If you are going for a sad look angle the top, inner corners towards the center of your face. The easiest way to create an expression is to make the expression and use your face lines as guidelines.
4.Now using the black gel liner follow the contours of your nose, nostrils and four head lines. Line your upper and lower lash lines and draw a couple tears on one or both of the eyes.
5. Using the blue eyeshadow fill in the tear.
6. Fill in your lips with the red lipstick. Line around the lips with the black gel liner as well as the area where the top and bottom lips meet. (And yes, paint the inside of your nostrils!)
7. Using the white liquid liner highlight a few areas on the lips and on the tear.
8. Put on a wig and costume and enjoy!
Comic book makeup is all about creating vivid expressions. Using a black eyeliner or a thin brush with black face paint is key to making the make up pop. Go bold and bright for the classic comic book look.
Have you figured out what you are going to be for Halloween? Do you think you would try this Halloween comic book makeup look? If you do, we’d love to see it! Tag us @familyfocusblog