Don’t you just love the comic makeup look? Here is a step-by-step Roy Lichtenstein pop artist inspired Halloween comic book makeup tutorial. Here is an easy and fast makeup look for Halloween if you want to go as a comic book character! If you want to try this look and you do not have the makeup items listed under the supplies, feel free to use grease paints or face paints instead. This pop-art makeup look also works great for a Wonder Woman Halloween costume as well.
Comic Makeup Step By Step With Photos
This comic book halloween makeup tutorial is simple to do and looks so cool and unusual. It is fun to do! You could use comic book face paint but regular make up will do the trick with the addition of the white eye liner. Here is how to make pop art comic books makeup.
Comic Make Up Supplies:
- Skin primer (optional)
- Foundation (optional)
- Black gel eye liner and/or liquid liner
- White liquid liner
- Red lipstick
- Blue eyeshadow
I love that there are only a few supplies need for this whole look! The great thing is you don’t need a super high skill level to copy the characters in the pages of a comic book. Pop-art makeup ideas are all about simple lines and bright colors!
How To Do Comic Book Pop Art Makeup:
- First, if you want this look to last for an extended period of time use a skin primer before applying foundation.
- Apply foundation of your skin color first and set with powder. Do not use any blush, bronzer or contouring. We want the face to look as flat as possible.
- Next for your comic book makeup look, use the black gel liner fill in your eyebrows. If you are going for a sad look angle the top, inner corners towards the center of your face. The easiest way to create an expression is to make the expression and use your face lines as guidelines.
4.Now using the black gel liner follow the contours of your nose, nostrils and four head lines. Line your upper and lower lash lines and draw a couple tears on one or both of the eyes.
5. Using the blue eyeshadow fill in the tear.
6. Fill in your lips with the red lipstick. Line around the lips with the black gel liner as well as the area where the top and bottom lips meet. (And yes, paint the inside of your nostrils!)
7. Using the white liquid liner highlight a few areas on the lips and on the tear.
8. Put on a wig and costume and enjoy!
Comic Book Make Up Conclusion
Comic book makeup is all about creating vivid expressions. Using a black eyeliner or a thin brush with black face paint is key to making the make up pop. Go bold and bright for the classic comic book look. I hope you enjoyed this comic book makeup tutorial.
Have you figured out what you are going to be for Halloween? Do you think you would try this Halloween comic book makeup look? If you do, we’d love to see it! Share your awesome comic book makeup photo and tag us @familyfocusblog