I know I love my dogs and that there are many other people who feel the same about their pets. I give my dog treats when they are good and right before I leave my house. They’re part of the family and loved being spoiled! Many people are being cautious of what ingredients are in their dog’s food and treats. Everything Etsy’s homemade dog treat recipe will leave you feeling better about what you give your dogs. I tried this recipe for my homemade dog treats recipe for my dogs and while I was making it they were sitting at my feet waiting to try some! When the homemade dog treats were done, my dogs were sitting by the oven waiting patiently for a delicious peanut butter dog treat that I made them. Once they got their dog treat, they finished it so fast and wanted more! They literally LOVED these peanut butter dog treats and you will too knowing what you’re giving your dogs!
Peanut Butter Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
Homemade Dog Treat Ingredients:
- ¾ cup of milk (I used what I had in my fridge- 2% milk)
- 2 eggs
- all natural peanut butter
- 2 ½ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- Any type of cookie cutters you want to use
DIY Peanut Butter Homemade Dog Treats:
REMEMBER THAT THE MIXER IS YOUR FRIEND!! Make sure you use your mixer at home to do this because it will make mixing the milk and peanut butter a breeze for you.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. I used convection bake at 325 degrees so that the heat would spread more evenly throughout the dog treats.
- In the mixer’s mixing bowl, add your milk, egg, and peanut butter into the bowl. I started off with a low speed to get some of the ingredients swished around a little then moved on to a higher speed to mix everything into a peanut butter cream mixture.
- Add your baking soda and flour into the mix. I added my flour little by little so that it would be easier for the machine to mix everything.
- Make sure the surface or kitchen counter is clean before doing this step. Sprinkle some flour onto the surface and roll out your peanut butter dough. Cut out your shapes at a ¼” thickness. Thicker is always better though!
- Make a quick egg wash by whisking the last egg you have out and add some water to it. Brush a thin coat on your homemade dog treats before you put them in your oven.
*Use a baking sheet and parchment paper for effortless cleaning afterwards!*
- Bake them for 15 minutes and them flip to the other side of the cookie and brush a thin coat of the egg wash to it. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the homemade dog treats and cool.
Give some to your dogs, make them as a gift for a friend’s new dog, or just because!
You want to store these in an airtight container for a week or freeze them for up to two months. Your dogs are going to LOVE these!!
Now that you know how easy it is to make homemade dog treats for your dogs, you have no excuse not to make them for your special furry friends!! Have you ever made your own homemade dog treats? Let me know if what your dog thinks of this peanut butter dog treat recipe!