I am glad to partner with Boise Paper to talk about the importance of keeping forests as forests. Boise Paper is committed to sustainable forestry to protect forests through responsible wood fiber sourcing. Boise Paper is made in the United States so the future of American forests is something they care about. They invite you to join the #forestproud community that values renewable products and the benefits they provide us.
Join The #beforestproud Twitter Party To Learn More About Keeping Forests As Forests
Join The #beforestproud Twitter Party, Wednesday, October 24th, 2pm CST (12pm PST/3pm EST)
Boise Paper has professional foresters on staff to ensure their wood fiber is responsibly sourced from properly managed forests. Their sourcing controls are consistent with Forest Stewardship Council’s (FSC’s) Controlled Wood Standard and Sustainable Forest Initiative’s (SFI’s) Certified Sourcing Standards. Boise Paper is passionate about the future of our forests. Boise Paper makes renewable, recyclable, and biodegradable paper that you will love!
The fact is, forests touch every part of our lives, in ways you may not even realize! Forests provide so many benefits and as population continues to increase, so does our wood consumption and our need for healthy, productive forests. That is why it is so important to have forest stewards that are involved in shaping the future of our forests. #forestproud offers a place where the many diverse interests that care about the future of our forest can come together and start a conversation.
A Few Facts That Show The Importance Of Keeping Forests As Forests:
- Forest provide wood, the leading building material.
- Forest provide wood products used for countless consumer products from furniture to paper, artwork to toothpaste, and diesel fuel to telephone poles.
- Forests are nature’s living reservoirs and water treatment plants. As water percolates through forest soils its flow is slowed, erosion lessened, and the water is cleaned, filtered and made ready again for human use.
- Forests have an important role in mitigating climate change. Forests sequester huge amounts of carbon dioxide and are one of the world’s largest carbon sinks.
- Forests provide opportunity for recreation and inspiration.
(source: USDA Forest Service)
Show Your Support For Sustainable Forestry And Join The #beforestproud Twitter Party, Wednesday, October 24th, 2pm CST (12pm PST/3pm EST)
Prizes: You will even have a chance to win 1 of 2, $50 Visa e-gift cards by tweeting @BoisePapers using #beforestproud and #Sweepstakes during the party!
Twitter Chat alert! Join @BoisePapers, @ForestProud, and myself on Wednesday, October 24 at 2 pm CT to learn about the importance of forests! You will even have the chance to win a $50 Visa e-gift card! #ad #Sweepstakes #forestproud #beforestproud pic.twitter.com/oN7E5bPaWn
— Scarlet | Family Focus Blog (@familyfocusblog) October 19, 2018
Do you love our forests as much as I do? What are some of your favorite local forested areas? Tweet you there!