This post about a cool interactive app for families is brought to you by Residence Inn.
StoryBug App- Read Stories Together Even When Time Zones Apart!
Residence Inn by Marriott has announced a partnership with Cricket Media’s Story Bug app, which allows parents, grandparents, and other loved ones to stay connected with their family and read stories together even when miles apart! The Story Bug app is a collaborative reading app for iPhone and iPad users that offers a wide selection of digital books and interactive features such as video chat.
Residence Inn Helps Travelers Stay Connected With Their Family
Residence Inn offers a multitude of features that make it easy to bring the whole family along-
- One and two bedroom suites
- Fully equipped in-suite kitchens with full-sized refrigerator, stove, microwave and coffee maker
- Free daily hot breakfast with a variety of healthy and indulgent options
- Free Wi-Fi in all suites and spacious work area
- Grocery delivery
- Complimentary evening socials
- Refreshing Pools
- Fitness center with modern equipment and TVs
- Outdoor spaces with barbeque and fire pits
- Private meeting spaces for events and family gatherings
- Business center services including free Wi-Fi and access to computers, printers, and fax machines
They also understand that you can’t always have your family along on business trips so they are providing guests with two Story Bug co-branded, travel-themed books titled “I Left My Sock in San Francisco,” and “We’re on our Way.” With the help of the app, parents and children will be able to see and hear each other while viewing the same digital book. A digital hand shows where the child is pointing to on the page, so grown-ups can challenge their young readers to point to items or sound out words. Pretty cool!
Diane Mayer, vice president and global brand manager for Residence Inn says, “As a part of our ongoing commitment to celebrating families, the Story Bug app helps our guests use technology in a fun and meaningful way to stay connected with their kids.”
Residence Inn guests will also receive a free one-month subscription to the app through March 2015. This means parents won’t run out of ebooks. They can choose from a vast library of educational digital books for children. For more details on the program visit visit residenceinn.marriott.com. For travel tips, the latest on the brand or to connect with other travelers, “like” Residence Inn on Facebook: www.facebook.com/