This sugar and honey body scrub DIY recipe can be made with a just few items from the kitchen. Smooth and nourish skin with this homemade scrub. Plus, when you make your own body products, you can save money! The ingredients are chosen to leave your skin feeling smooth and soft. I personally use this as both a facial mask and a body scrub once every two weeks. For those who have oily skin, use it once or twice a week. Although most of these products can be found in your kitchen, please be sure that you use natural and untreated raw honey as it has medicinal benefits.
Sugar And Honey Body Scrub Tutorial
Your skin is sure to enjoy the sugar and honey body scrub DIY ingredients.
Sugar is a natural physical exfoliant because of its grainy texture and a chemical exfoliant because it is water soluble.
Oil is a deep moisturizing agent. You can be flexible with the type of oil you use in this scrub. I prefer avocado oil because it has so many benefits to the skin. Alternatively, you can use olive oil as it is cheaper, more readily on hand in most kitchens, and still good for your skin.
Honey is a natural antibacterial which is great for acne treatment. It also draws water into skin cells and hydrates the skin. Honey is also known to have anti-aging properties. Healthline has even more info on the benefits of honey for your skin.
Bananas are packed with vitamins A, B and C and moisturize the skin.
This easy to make sugar and honey scrub will leave your skin nourished, moisturized, and exfoliated.
Honey Body Scrub DIY Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
How To Make Sugar and Raw Honey Body Scrub:
1. In a bowl mix the sugar, avocado oil, banana, and honey together until smooth. This combination will be your DIY honey body scrub.
2. Add a small amount of water if the consistency is too thick to spread smoothly.
3. Spread the raw honey scrub mixture on your face and leave on for 30 minutes before washing off with warm water. Use the homemade scrub on the rest of your body before you hop in the shower.
I hope you enjoy this simple Raw Honey DIY body scrub. I just love how smooth and soft my skin feels after using this sugar and honey body scrub. Have you tried DIY beauty products before? What are your favorite products to make yourself?