Here is a recipe for vegan hassleback potatoes which refers to the method of slicing the potato part way through before baking. This is such an easy recipe and a great way to end up with vegan baked potato chips that are soft and flavorful! These are great for Sunday football or if you are looking for another side to add to your Thanksgiving meal. Make this recipe vegetarian by adding some blu cheese crumbles to the top! Potatoes are a very traditional side for any holiday meal. Whether you prefer a traditional meal or you want to try something new this recipe is great for either. Plus, who doesn’t like potato chips on game day?!
Delicious Vegan Hassleback Potatoes Recipe
- Idaho Potatoes
- Roasted garlic
- Olive oil
How To Make Vegan Hassleback Potatoes:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- With a knife, slice each potato. Do not cut all the way through, but far enough so the potato with fan out.
- Mix the roasted garlic with the olive oil. Or if you want to make it easier use a roasted garlic olive oil. Pour this all over the potatoes and make sure it gets between the slices.
- Grab your rosemary and put it on top of the potatoes and in between the slices. I love rosemary so I went a little crazy!
- Hopefully your oven is preheated. Throw those guys in there for roughly 45 minutes.
- If you are not vegan, you can add some blu cheese crumbles on top of the potatoes before you put them in the oven.
- Now, enjoy you tasty vegan baked potato chips!
Potato Hack: If you are in a hurry, you can save time by microwaving your potatoes before you slice and bake! If you microwave for about four minutes on each side and then you can reduce your baking time to about 20 minutes.
Printable Hassleback Potatoes Recipe:
What are you planning on cooking for this Thanksgiving? Do you prefer a traditional Thanksgiving meal? Would you try these vegan baked potato chips? Let us know what you end up cooking for Thanksgiving and be sure to share your pictures with us @familyfocusblog!