I am happy to partner with Boise Paper to talk about why planting trees is important. Boise Paper is committed to sustainable forestry and helps protect forests through responsible wood fiber sourcing. Boise Paper is made in the United States and the future of American forests is something they care about deeply. We invite you to join the #ArborDayConnection Twitter Chat with @BoisePapers and @ArborDay to talk about what the Arbor Day Foundation does and the importance of planting trees.
10 Reasons That Planting Trees Is Important
Here are just a few reasons why planting trees is important:
- Trees clean our air and improve air quality.
- Trees protect our drinking water.
- Trees create healthy communities.
- Trees are beautiful and make us happy.
- Trees are used to make many things we need.
- Trees fight climate change.
- Trees tame storm water.
- Trees can help save energy.
- Trees provide vital wildlife habitat.
- One large tree can provide a day’s supply of oxygen for up to four people.
Which reason is your favorite for why planting trees is important?
Facts That Show The Importance Of Forests:
- Forest provide wood, the leading building material.
- Forest provide wood products used for countless consumer products from furniture to paper, artwork to toothpaste, and diesel fuel to telephone poles.
- Forests are nature’s living reservoirs and water treatment plants. As water percolates through forest soils its flow is slowed, erosion lessened, and the water is cleaned, filtered and made ready again for human use.
- Forests have an important role in mitigating climate change. They sequester huge amounts of carbon dioxide and are one of the world’s largest carbon sinks.
- Forests provide opportunity for recreation and inspiration.
(source: USDA Forest Service)
The fact is, forests touch every part of our lives, in ways you may not even realize! Forests provide so many benefits and as population continues to increase, so does our wood consumption and our need for healthy, productive forests. That is why it is so important to have forest stewards that are involved in shaping the future of our forests. #forestproud offers a place where the many diverse interests that care about the future of our forest can come together and start a conversation. Forests need to stay forests.
Support Arbor Day Foundation in Their Time For Trees Initiative:
To plant 100 million trees in forests and communities and inspire 5 million new tree planters by 2022 — the 150th anniversary of Arbor Day!
#ArborDayConnection Twitter Chat Details:
Interested in learning more about the important role that trees play in making a difference in this world, and what you can do to help?
Join us on Tuesday, May 7 at 2 p.m. CT for a Twitter Chat with myself @FamilyFocusBlog, Boise Paper @BoisePapers, and Arbor Day Foundation @ArborDay!
Use #ArborDayConnection to join in and follow along.
Show Your Support For Planting Trees And Join The #ArborDayConnection Twitter Party, Tuesday, May 7 at 2 p.m. CST (12pm PST/3pm EST)
Prizes: You will even have a chance to win 1 of 2, $50 Visa e-gift cards by tweeting @BoisePapers using #ArborDayConnection and #Sweepstakes during the party!
I hope to tweet with you at the Twitter Chat! Have you ever planted a tree?