The other day I felt like making some muffins because I love having breakfast ready for the kids on school mornings without having to fix it every day. I baked the muffins in the afternoon so my kids could help out with the mixing and then we had a snack and ate the leftovers for breakfast.
I went to my fridge and discovered I was out of butter (which I like using for muffins more than oil because it taste better) so I decided to go with sour cream muffins which are great because you don’t need any butter! Sour cream muffins are also great because they have a very rich flavor- especially when you add in rich goodies that compliment the sour cream! My whole family loved this easy Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins recipe. I hope you do too!
Recipe For Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins:
Serving Size: 12 large muffins
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffin Ingredients
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffin Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift the dry ingredients together into one large bowl (except chips and nuts).
- Mix the wet ingredients together into another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chips and nuts and fold in.
- Pour into oil muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on edges.