The other day I felt like making some muffins because I love having breakfast ready for the kids on school mornings without having to fix it every day. I baked the muffins in the afternoon so my kids could help out with the mixing and then we had a snack and ate the leftovers for breakfast. This sour cream muffin recipe was a huge hit- it could be the added chocolate chips that put it over the top!
Easy Sour Cream Muffins:
I went to my fridge and discovered I was out of butter (which I like using for muffins more than oil because it taste better) so I decided to go with sour cream muffins which are great because you don’t need any butter! Sour cream muffins are also great because they have a very rich flavor- especially when you add in rich goodies that compliment the sour cream, like chocolate chips or berries. My whole family loved this easy Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffin recipe. I hope you do too!
Serving Size: 12 large muffins
Easy sour cream muffins that have no butter and are pretty in low sugar.
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffin Ingredients
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
How To Make Sour Cream Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift the dry ingredients together into one large bowl (except chips and nuts).
- Mix the wet ingredients together into another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chips and nuts and fold in.
- Pour into oiled muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
There is lots to love about these tasty muffins:
- No Butter Muffins!
- No Oil Muffins!
- Low Sugar Muffins!
Personalize it easily by using switching out the adds. Instead of chocolate chips, try blueberries. Blueberry sour cream muffins are superb. Or blackberries. Yum!
Cake flour makes it even lighter and fluffier but all purpose flour works just fine.
Printable Sour Cream Muffin Recipe
I hope you love these sour cream muffins with chocolate chips as much as we do. Share your photos @familyfocusblog and tell me your favorite add-ins!