Looking for a fun recipe to jazz up your child’s lunchbox? I think you will love this homemade berrylicious fruit rollups recipe that was created by the Pound Girls! POUND is a unique exercise method inspired by the powerful, unrivaled fusion of music and movement that uses Ripstix, lightly weighted drumsticks, to work the entire body. Founders Kirsten Potenza and Cristina Peerenboom share all kinds of fun life tweaks on their website at poundfit.com and they provided me with permission to share their Berrylicious Fruit Rollups Recipe with you here. You won’t believe how easy they are to make and how few ingredients you will need!
All Natural Fruit Roll Up Recipe
This recipe creates about 6 servings of Berrylicious fruit rollups. Have your kids help with the process as a fun weekend activity that will leave you prepared with new goodies for their lunchboxes during the week (if you can avoid eating them all first!)
These natural fruit roll ups have no sugar added. The only ingredients are fresh fruit! For these mixed berry fruit roll ups you can you can use any combination of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. Berries are very high in antioxidants and considered to be some of the healthiest fruit you can eat!
Natural Fruit Rollups Ingredients:
4 cups mixed organic berries
1 organic peach
(Yup-that is all!)
How To Make Fruit Rollups:
1. Blend all fruit ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Place the fruit puree in a large pot and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 10 more minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
4. Pour cooked fruit puree mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and cook for 4 hours at 170 degrees.
5. Cut 4 by 5 inch rectangles out of the fruit sheets and parchment paper with kitchen scissors. Roll up fruit and parchment paper (to prevent sticking) into small tubes. Tie with twine.
Your kids will not only love this diy fruit rollups treat, they will also love getting to see how fruit rollups are made.
DIY Fruit Roll Ups Printable Recipe
Have you ever made homemade natural fruit rollups before? What do you think would be fun fruit flavor combinations to try? Are you going to have your kiddos help you out and give the all natural fruit rollup recipe a whirl?