Looking for a healthy snack? You will love these Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups. This homemade fruit by the foot has just two ingredients: fruit and water! This healthy snack for kids is yummy and something your kids will have fun making with you. This fruit roll ups recipe is so simple and easy you will want to make it every week!
This awesome Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups Recipe was created by the online meal planning service, eMeals. Check them out for more great recipes and meal planning ideas.
Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
You are going to love these homemade fruit roll ups. You can use your favorite kind of dried fruits for the recipe. My favorites are apricot fruit roll ups and peach fruit roll ups! Who knew it could be so easy to get kids to eat fruit?
8oz of dried apricots or your favorite dried fruit
1-½ cups of water
You will also need wax paper in order to the roll the fruit up without it sticking together.
How To Make Fruit Roll Ups:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Line a 12×15 inch-baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Combine apricots and water in a saucepan and simmer for about 25 minutes or until fruit is soft.
4. Drain excess liquid and place fruit in a blender. Puree until smooth.
5. Pour fruit onto foil and spread evenly with no holes.
6. Place sheet in oven for 25 minutes, then cut off your oven and DO NOT open the oven door and leave the fruit in oven for 8 hours.
7. Remove baking sheet from oven and gently peel fruit from the foil and place on wax paper right side down and press.
8. Cut into strips lengthwise and roll each strip with the paper side out and store in plastic bags until ready to eat.
I hope you enjoy this homemade fruit roll ups recipe. It makes it fun for kids to enjoy making and playing with their food. It is also a handy way to get them to enjoy a few more servings of fruit in their diet.
Printable Fruit Roll Ups Recipe