I used cloth diapers on both of my first two children. I tried quite a variety and I figured out which were may favorites. Some I really liked, and some not as much! When I found out I was expecting a third, I knew that I had a hole in my cloth diaper inventory that needed filling. I went straight to For Your Bug-A-Boo Healthy Choices For Baby. I suspected I might find the best cloth diapers there because she always stocks high quality items for babies.
Imse Vimse Review: All In One Organic Cloth Diapers
I checked out the For Your Bug-A-Boo cloth diaper selection and chose the All in One Organic Cloth Diaper by Imse Vimse for review. I selected the newborn diaper because even though I like the one-size for when they are older, I feel like my newborns are always small enough (under 8 lbs.) to need and get good use out of the newborn size. When I received the Imse Vimse All in One cloth diaper I was immediately impressed.
The Imse Vimse All in One Organic Cloth Diaper was really light weight and not at all bulky. I had used Imse Vimse cloth training pants for both my kids but I had never tried their diapers before. I can honestly say that having tried many brands and styles, the Imse Vimse All In One Organic Cloth Diapers would win my award for best cloth diapers because I like the leg gussets to hold in the runny newborn poop and the lightweight so the baby doesn’t seem so bottom heavy.
Reasons that I think they are the best cloth diapers:
1. They come in sizes so they can fit your child perfectly.
2. They are not bulky.
3. They are all in one so they are the ultimate in easy!
4. They have leg gussets to help prevent the runny newborn poo from leaking out. (This is the what I was lacking in my last all-in -ones.)
5. They are designed so that you can chose whether you would like the organic cotton attatched insert to be against your baby’s skin or if you would prefer the attached stay dry micro fleece insert against baby’s skin.
6. They wash and dry efficiently because of the two insert layers. (As opposed to just a really thick diaper in one layer that is harder to get clean and takes longer to dry.)
7. Fold back tabs so that the velcro doesn’t stick to other things in the laundry.
8. Waterproof, yet breathable outer fabric (PUL) is both soft and durable.
I am not kidding around when I say that Imse Vimse All in One Organic Cloth Diapers are so easy to use and work so well that everyone should use them! I really do think they are the best cloth diapers. Plus, over time, cloth diapers save you money, especially if you have more than one kid!
Imse Vimse Diaper Liners Are A Must Have For Cloth Diapering
There is one more thing that I suggest for newborn diapering- Flushable Diaper Liners. I found these really useful for my children. They come in rolls and are kind of like a thick toilet paper that you can lay down inside the diaper to help catch the poo. It makes it easy to remove the runny solids and flush. For me personally, I thought these were super useful for about the first five or six months. Once the kids were eating foods, their poo became solid enough that it just fell off into the toilet easily and I didn’t really need them anymore. (Sorry, but if you are a parent, you are going to have to get used to this kind of potty talk!)
I hope this information helps you in your hunt to find the best cloth diapers. I really love the Imse Vimse cloth diaper brand and suggest them without any reservations.
For Your Bug-A-Boo did provide me with the diaper in the hopes that I would share my honest opinions. I received no monetary compensation and the opinions expressed are my own.