Autumn is officially here which to me means baking season is now in full swing! To kick off my favorite of the cooking seasons I will be sharing with you a recipe that my mom and I used to bake together when I was a little girl, Cranberry Orange Bread made with fresh cranberries and orange juice. This quick bread (made without yeast) is a sweet loaf that is both delicious and festive. This cranberry orange bread recipe makes the perfect gift or keep it and have a tasty homemade breakfast with some tea or coffee.
Recipe For Cranberry Orange Bread:
This cranberry orange quick bread is more like a cake consistency than a sandwich bread consistency. It is made without yeast like banana bread. I use fresh cranberries for this recipe but you could use dried cranberries if you prefer. The orange juice can be store bought or fresh squeezed as you prefer.
Cranberry Orange Quick Bread Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
Zest from 1 orange
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 Tablespoons hot water
1 cup chopped cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
How To Make Homemade Cranberry Orange Bread:
Preheat oven to 325.
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar and set aside.
In a medium bowl mix beaten egg with orange juice, orange zest, butter and hot water. Be sure to pour the hot water in slowly as you mix so you do not cook the eggs.
Fold the flour mixture with the egg mixture until well blended. DO NOT BEAT.
Gently fold in cranberries and nuts.
Spoon into a greased 9”x6” bread pan or greased muffin cups.
Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes for the loaf and 30-35 minutes for the muffins. Test center with a toothpick before removing.
Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Nice, simple and yummy, your cranberry orange quick bread is ready to enjoy!
Printable Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe:
Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Zest from 1 orange
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix beaten egg with orange juice, orange zest, butter and hot water. Be sure to pour the hot water in slowly as you mix so you do not cook the eggs.
- Fold the flour mixture with the egg mixture until well blended. DO NOT BEAT.
- Gently fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 9”x6” bread pan or greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes for the loaf and 30-35 minutes for the muffins. Test center with a toothpick before removing.
Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.05 g||13.8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.93 g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.08 g|
|Cholesterol 18.42 mg||6%|
|Sodium 200.86 mg||8.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.46 g||12.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.14 g||8%|
|Sugars 19.32 g|
|Protein 3.67 g|
|Vitamin A 2.74 %||Vitamin C 13.66 %|
|Calcium 6.09 %||Iron 3.69 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Family Focus Blog
Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
Homemade Orange Creamsicle Recipe
[…] Instead I want to focus on making small changes…in part because I felt all domestic when I finally got home last night and baked cranberry orange bread. […]