Zippers are big in fashion right now and these fun, DIY zipper bracelets are a great way to jazz up an outfit as well as a fun diy jewelry item to make. I saw this clip on the Home & Family show which airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on the Hallmark Channel. DIY expert Tanya Memme demonstrates how to make a zipper bracelet and makes it look super easy. I have been given permission to share this with you here.
Easy DIY Zipper Bracelet Tutorial
DIY Bracelet Materials:
- 7″ zipper for a single bracelet or a 20″ zipper for a double wrap bracelet
- Ribbon Clamps
- Charms (optional)
- Fabric glue
- Needle nose pliers
How To Make A Zipper Bracelet:
For The Wider Zipper Bracelet
1. Take the Studs and press them through the fabric on the sides of the zipper. Bend down the stud progs in the back with needle nose pliers making sure they don’t stick up or out.
Note: you can cut the fabric on one side of the zipper and have a one side with buttons on it. This will give you a different look and a thinner bracelet. (Like the bracelet in the middle above.)
2. Cut the extra fabric along the top side of the zipper off leaving about a 1/4 inch. Add a dab of fabric glue to the inside of the ribbon clamp and with pliers fasten the clamp to the top of the zipper. Do this again to the bottom of the zipper.
3. Add a ring to one clamp and a clasp to the other camp for closure and you have your diy bracelet! When adding the clasp you can also add a charm to the ring for an extra stylish effect.
Instructions For Skinnier Zipper Bracelet Variation:
- Cut the two sides of the fabric off the zipper.
- Add a ribbon clamp to the top and bottom of the zipper.
- Add a ring and clasp to your clamps and your diy bracelet is done!
If you want to watch the Home & Family Clip, you can see her make the bracelets as well. You can watch the video here hallmarkchannel.com/home-and-family/
There you have it! You can make these zipper bracelets yourself for just about $10 so they make a great DIY gift as well.