The key to an enjoyable everyday dessert is the ease of making it. Many pies can take a long time to make and can be tricky to get to set just right. This delicious, light, fluffy, and key lime pie is going to be the easiest pie you will ever make! My dad loves key lime pie, so I made this Key West Key Lime Pie Recipe to suit his picky taste buds and my patience level. This recipe is easy no bake so you just mix everything together and put it in the refrigerator for an hour. My dad said it was the best key lime pie ever! It has all the flavor of your traditional key lime pie but it is even better because it is so light and fluffy. All you need for this family favorite key lime pie is 3 ingredients and a graham cracker crust!
Key West Key Lime Pie Recipe Best Ever
This Key West key lime pie recipe is the best dessert for any occasion. Easy no bake pie uses Cool Whip, condensed milk, and key limes in a graham cracker crust. With only three ingredients for the key lime pie filling, how could you not make this easy key lime pie recipe?! Delish! Sweet and tangy all at once leaving you wanting more.
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup of key lime juice
- 8 ounces of Cool Whip or 1 cup of freshly whipped cream
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
How to Make Key Lime Pie:
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, add the sweetened condensed milk and the lime juice. Mix with the whisk attachment until the mixture is thick. I use a stand mixer on medium speed and let it mix for about 5 minutes to make the mixture a light and fluffy. You could use a hand mixer or food processor in a pinch.
- When the mixture is thick, add the 8 ounce of Cool Whip (what my grandmother would’ve done) or whipped cream (what my mom would do) into the mixing bowl. Fold together until everything is well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap and place it into you refrigerator for 1 hour. It will harden a bit as it cools and sets.
- After an hour, cut slices and serve.
Enjoy a slice of pie with a dollop of Cool Whip on top or garnish with a lime slice on top! For presentation purposes, you can also make a lime twist for the center of the pie which is a thin slice of the lime peel twisted. This tart and sweet dessert with simple ingredients is perfect for summer months.
What will really make this a key lime pie recipe from Key West is using fresh key limes which are a little more tangy than regular supermarket Persian limes. If you have access to fresh key limes at your grocery stores, squeezing them would take this recipe up a notch so feel free to do that and while you are at it, add a 1/2 teaspoon of key lime zest while you have fresh limes. But if not, don’t sweat it! This recipe works just fine with regular limes or even the pre-squeezed regular lime juice that comes in the lime bottle. That couldn’t be easier and it still works just fine.
You can use a store bought graham cracker crust or you can make a homemade graham cracker crust (with just melted butter and graham cracker crumbs). Either way that sweet crunchy crust goes great with the creamy lime filling.
A more traditional key lime pie uses egg yolks but here we use cool whip or heavy cream for a creamer, lighter pie.
Printable Recipe For No Bake Key Lime Pie
This is a very easy key lime pie that anyone can make! You can make this for any occasion or just because. When you make this, you will be a winner in any pie lover’s eye. Just don’t tell them how easy it was! I think this is the best key lime pie recipe and it is one of my favorite desserts. Will you try this easy pie? Let me know if you got rave reviews!