Well, we all know that exercise is great for us. However, many of us struggle to find the time or the will power to do as much as we would like. That is why it is useful to have some tips on how to jumpstart weight loss without exercise. My older sister shared these weight loss tips without exercise with me and they have really been helping me so I will share them with you.
It has been about two months since I had my last baby and I can’t seem to lose this last ten pounds. With my first two babies, I breastfed and the 40 pounds I gained during pregnancy just came right off. This time, I did not get to breastfeed and I have been struggling to lose the 20 pounds I gained.
I am a very healthy eater naturally. The first month I struggled with controlling my portions because I still wanted to eat for two. This last month I feel like I am back down to my normal portions and yet I can’t lose that last ten pounds. I was telling my mom about this and how I don’t get to exercise enough because I always have my son with me. My mom told my sister and my sister emailed me some advice based on her experience.
My sister is NOT any kind of medically or nutritionally trained person. This is just advice from big sister to little sister. Be sure to consult with a health care professional if you have any health concerns or before you make any drastic changes to your diet.
Thinking About You and FAST WEIGHT LOSS WITHOUT EXERCISE
I wanted to tell you some of what I learned about how to jumpstart weight loss without exercise. It might help you cut a few corners, lose the weight faster, and bounce back quicker than I did, saving you any unnecessary frustration or discomfort. I REALLY think just a few things in terms of changing and adjusting will be very helpful, very fast. Mom, said the weight wasn’t coming off as fast as you had hoped, etc. Or something along those lines. Here is what I think. The idea is to do a “crash” diet without losing any nutrition, just for a short time, until you reach your target weight, then you probably just go back to your normal diet. (which for me is healthy and light)
Now, here’s what I suggest and what I would encourage you to do and I am almost sure the weight will come right off.
1) Breakfast – Make a smoothie with fruit like strawberries or blueberries (no bananas right now), about 1/2 cup fruit
1/2 cup of Silken Tofu OR 1/2 Cup UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK by Silk (35 calories per cup)
1/2 cup Organic juice (Gojiberry or Grape is good, energy supportive juices are a supportive)
1 scoop Young Living Balance Complete Nutritional Powder
1 scoop Young Living Whey Protein Powder
Sprinkle of chia seeds
If you want to have a breakfast other than a smoothie,have Barbara’s multigrain cereal, I think it’s 90 calories instead of the normal 200 for other cereal, and believe it or not it tastes just as good. Try her Cinnamon flavor, it is really tasty and the lowest calories I have seen of any cereal.
2) Lunch — Have a LIGHT, healthy lunch with fiber, greens, and protein. You can pretty much have your choice, but keep calories to like 300 if you can, no more than 500. Avoid cheese, fried food, oils, sugar, dairy or fat. Example of a good lunch would be: half salmon sandwich, light on the spread; salad. Or have a veggie burger, a bean burrito with veggie cheese. Make this your “food” meal and your largest meal, in the middle of the day. Your body digests and processes calories better while you are still active in the middle of the day. Don’t make your big meal at night, when your body’s metabolism just slows down and you don’t have time to “work it off.” Getting back to “normal” is going to require bumping your metabolism back by giving it an easy couple of weeks with less work to do, and allowing for your body to make some adjustments. Right now, give it a break from processing food, making your “big meal” in the middle of the day will be easiest for your body.
3) Dinner – brace up. You get fresh squeezed carrot/celery/apple juice or a smoothie (a variation of the breakfast smoothie). You can add a small amount of fresh greens, which really gives you a boost. You will find this refreshing, easy to digest and light. Basically, you “fast” on the third meal, and replace it with pure nutritional.
First few days might be tough, but you your stomach quickly “shrinks” and your appetite decreases. Keep this up for several weeks. Basic idea, one whole meal with balanced food groups but on the light and modest side, replace two meals with strictly nutrition, more bang for your buck. Nutrition without the regular load of calories. If it gets “too hard.” Allow yourself a second meal (one day), but then go back to the above regimen. In only a few weeks you should have most of the weight gone, NO EXERCISE, NO PROBLEM.
This is how to jumpstart weight loss without exercise. Once you are back to your normal weight, your body should “bounce back” and get back into the swing and your body will “know” it doesn’t need as much nutrition as it did when you were pregnant. You will be amazed at what this does even without exercise.
MORE Weight Loss Tips Without Exercise:
1. Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day (lots of reasons, all good)
2. Take vitamins, nutritional supplements for support
3. JUICE, get out the juicer!
4. Smoothie in place of a meal, or a granola bar and a piece of fruit (if you are tired of smoothies)
5. If you get a craving and must splurge, use a healthy seed based cracker and some sardines (good protein)
6. Reach for proteins instead of carbs right now
7. Absolutely NO deserts, no sugar, no white bread, no sugar or carbs that not 100 % healthy and in very small moderate portions, avoid them as much as you can
8. No spread (no mayo, no butter) for next few weeks. Have an avocado sandwich with nothing else! If you mash it into a guacamole, it IS your spread!
9. Do NOT eat cereals above 120 calories ( preferably 90-110)
10. Skip milk right now, drink 35 calorie almond milk (has 50% calcium)
11. No fried food
12. Don’t eat out, right now
13. Boiled eggs, not fried
14. Caffeine drinks, if you must have a zero cal soda or tea/coffee, then don’t put creamer or sugar
15. When cooking use the TINIEST amount of oil possible to keep the food from sticking and that is it
16. NO SNACKS, no crackers, absolutely NO CHIPS (tons of calories)
17. READ calories on everything, it helps you be more aware and it really WORKS
18. Eat raw foods that don’t require cooking (more nutritious, less work for the body, no oil or fat)
19. Some teas are fat burning teas (green tea, yearba mate)
20. There is a fat burning soup (actually takes more calories to digest it, than the calories you gain from it, if you are interested)
21. Don’t drink juice from a can or with added sugar, only fresh juice or at least NO SUGAR ADDED JUICE (better to drink water though)
22. Meat – eat broiled fish, avoid other meats right now
23. Weigh yourself at least once a week, use your weight scale
24. Young Living Oils – Peppermint, Clary (these are weight loss oils/herbs)
25. Make sure you are having good elimination, poop good, for real. You gotta get it out and that has to all be flowing nicely or it makes losing weight hard. Pregnancy can leave you constipated, this “don’t help.”
26. Do a colon cleanse, over cleanse, “clean out” or take Young Living supplement for Digest and Cleanse.
27. Sweat it out, hot baths, oils, make yourself sweat when you bathe, eliminate toxins that way.
28. If circumstances permit and you FEEL up to it, and want to make this go even FASTER, FAST once a week, just drink fresh juiced vegetables and water
I hope you found these tips helpful for how to jumpstart weight loss without exercise.
Again, my sister is NOT any kind of medically or nutritionally trained person. This is just advice from big sister to little sister. I am going to work on taking as much of this advice as I can talk myself in to doing! I’ll report back!
April 12, 2011
I am just checking back into report. I tried to implement some of my sister’s suggestions. Mainly, I have focused on cutting back on my portions. I have also been snacking on healthy proteins instead of sweets when I have a craving. I have also snuck in few walks and I have lost 5 pounds. Five more to go!