Live Well Network is airing a Holiday Challenge and I got them to share a delicious holiday recipe with us for gingerbread sandwich cookies! Yum. Makes my mouth water just thinking about the gingerbread spice and the sweet icing!
Gran Keer’s Uber Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies Recipe:
Servings: 3 dozen gingerbread sandwich cookies
Time: Prep time 20 minutes, Total time 40 minutes
Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies Ingredients:
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Gingerbread Sandwich Cooking Directions:
For gingerbread cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl beat sugar, molasses, eggs and butter at low speed.
- Add the spices and baking soda to 3 cups of flour until mixed.
- Scrape with a rubber spatula.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- With a wooden spoon stir in 4-5 cups of lour to make stiff dough.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Roll dough out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut out the men or your choice of shape and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Bake until the edges are firm.
- Loosen cookies and remove to a wire rack to cool.
Blend together all the ingredients.
Spread the cream cheese filling onto the gingerbread cookies only when they are completely cooled. Sandwich and enjoy!
Thanks again to Dana Prophet and the Live Well Network for sharing this yummy gingerbread sandwich cookies recipe with us! Want more delicious cookie recipes? “Food Rush Holiday Challenge: Cookies” runs November 26 (8:30 pm ET/PT) on the Live Well Network and will air multiple times on Live Well this holiday season for anyone that missed the premiere week of the challenges.