You are going to love this lamb chili recipe with wild rice! This is a great ground lamb recipe to add your meal rotations because this chili is delicious anytime of the year. The white beans and wild rice add a light flavor that leaves you full without feeling heavy. Pair a small bowl of this Mediterranean lamb chili with a colorful spring salad and enjoy a tasty meal!
Ground Lamb Chili Recipe
Lamb Chili Ingredients:
- 1 pound Ground Lamb
- 1 cup Wild Rice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Diced Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Two 15 ounce cans White Beans
- 4 cups water (or chicken stock)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How To Make Lamb Chili
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, start by heating 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high-medium heat.
- Then add the 1 lb of ground lamb and cook for about 4-7 minutes. Add in some salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the ground lamb is cooked through, place the browned on a plate with paper towel underneath to soak up excess moisture.
- Now, in the same soup pot you were using before, add 1 tbsp olive oil and diced onion. Let cook for about 5 minutes before adding the 4 cloves garlic, minced. Let this cook for another 1 to 3 minutes. Then add the bay leaf, cumin, chili powder and coriander.
- Add that lamb back into the mix with 4 cups of water and the 2 cans of white beans.
- Let this sit on a medium to low heat for about 40 minutes.
- 20 minutes into the 40 minutes add 1 cup of wild rice and add an extra 2 cups of water.
- Let all of this cook for the remainder 20 minutes. Serve into large bowls and enjoy! You can garnish this hearty dish with your favorite toppings such as a bit of sour cream, sliced green onions, or chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
I just love how this lighter lamb chili is ready in under 1 hour!
Printable Ground Lamb Recipe
This comforting meal has great flavor. It just may be one of your new favorite lamb recipes! How often do you serve lamb? Would you try this ground lamb chili and wild rice recipe? If you do, be sure to let us know how you like it on social media @familyfocusblog
Here are some more unique chili recipes for you to try: