I love making my own bath and body products! They’re actually really easy to make and only require a couple ingredients. Yeah, those bath products at the store that contain about 30 different ingredients…you don’t need all of those to have a great product! I especially love making homemade body scrubs for different seasons…a citrus scrub for summer, a floral scrub for spring and this Eucalyptus Wintergreen Sugar Body Scrub Recipe for winter! It smells divine and is actually really soothing and good for your skin. Men and women alike love the smell of this easy homemade sugar body scrub.
Homemade Wintergreen Sugar Body Scrub Tutorial:
Supplies/Ingredients Needed For Your Easy Homemade Sugar Body Scrub:
- small jar with lid
- measuring utensils
- organic coconut oil
- Young Living wintergreen essential oil
- Young Living eucalyptus essential oil
How To Make A Body Sugar Scrub:
This sugar body scrub recipe is so simple to make you will wonder why you haven’t made it before! Gather your ingredients and your supplies and grab a spot on the kitchen counter.
Start with your sugar and coconut oil. In a small bowl mix 1/4 Cup of your sugar and 2 TBSP of your coconut oil. Mix those together until you get a wet sand consistency. Once that is achieved, add your essential oils!
I like my diy sugar body scrub pretty strong smelling so I add 10 drops of each essential oil. Add 5 drops of each if you’d like a lighter smell. Once everything is added and mixed together well, transfer to your small jar and place the lid on.
Your easy homemade sugar body scrub is ready to use or to give as a DIY gift.
How To Use Body Sugar Scrub:
Remember to perform a patch test before using any new skincare product, especially if you have sensitive skin, to ensure you don’t have any adverse reactions.
This sugar body scrub recipe is perfect to use on dry hands, dry feet, even legs and arms.
Rinse your hands in warm water. Take a small amount, about a teaspoon, and gently rub between your palms, in between your fingers, the backs of your hands. This gentle rubbing will cause a gentle exfoliation of dead skin. At the same time the coconut oil will be working to soothe dry skin. When you are done rubbing, just rinse off with warm water and a touch of soap. Your hands will feel softer and smoother as well as being more hydrated.
Benefits Of Using Sugar Body Scrub
- Exfoliation: Sugar crystals are natural exfoliants that help remove dead skin cells, dirt, and other impurities from the skin’s surface. Regular exfoliation promotes smoother, brighter-looking skin by revealing fresh, healthy skin underneath.
- Softens and Smooths: The granules of sugar in the scrub help to gently slough away rough patches of skin, leaving it feeling softer and smoother.
- Hydration: Sugar is a natural humectant, meaning it helps to draw moisture from the environment into the skin. When combined with a carrier oil, like coconut oil or almond oil, sugar scrubs can help to hydrate and nourish the skin, leaving it feeling moisturized and supple.
- Improves Circulation: Massaging the sugar scrub onto the skin stimulates blood flow, which can help improve circulation and promote healthier-looking skin.
- Preps Skin for Other Treatments: Exfoliating with a sugar scrub helps to prepare the skin for other skincare treatments, such as moisturizers, serums, or self-tanners, by removing dead skin cells and allowing these products to penetrate more effectively.
using a sugar body scrub can leave your skin feeling refreshed, revitalized, and looking its best. It’s a simple and effective way to incorporate regular exfoliation into your skincare routine. Give this easy homemade sugar body scrub a try and let us know what you think! It only has 4 ingredients and takes just about 5 minutes to make!
This wintery smelling sugar body scrub recipe will help open up your sinuses and will also have a cooling effect on your skin. It feels great on sore muscles or achy joints too. Have you ever made your own diy sugar body scrub before?