This is a step-by-step tutorial for crayon melted art decor! This is great project for anyone looking to add some color to their walls. This is an extremely safe project for the kids as well. There are endless options with crayon art decor; you can stick with a color scheme or choose from any image you would like!
Crayon Melted Art Tutorial
- X-acto knife
- Acrylic paint
- First, we are going to need to find or print out a silhouette of a shape. I chose my home state, Florida!
- Cut out the silhouette. To keep it down while we add color you can place a piece of tape on the back of it or use a glue stick around the edges of the images.
- Peel the wrapping off of the crayons and fire up the hairdryer.
- You can use any colors. I got an 6 pack of crayons and used the colors provided.
- Tips: Put the hairdryer on low so the wax doesn’t fly everywhere. To get the splattered look, lightly tap the crayon while the hairdryer is pointed in the desired direction.
- Tips: It is easy to mix the wax so you get a nice transition between colors. Keep the wax on the canvas hot and go back and forth between the two colored crayons.
- Once you are done with the crayons, use the X-acto knife to lightly cut along the edges of the silhouette. This will help us pull up edges and pull off the picture.
- If any wax seeped under the silhouette use an acrylic paint the same color as the canvas and go over the areas where wax should not be.
Have you ever used this melted crayon method in projects before? Would you ever try this crayon melted art decor tutorial? If you do be sure to share your creations with us @familyfocusblog!