This is a step-by-step tutorial for crayon melted art decor! This is great project for anyone looking to add some color to their walls. This is an extremely safe and fun DIY decor project for the kids as well. There are endless options with melted crayon art designs; you can vary the color scheme, size of the canvas, and the subject. This tutorial is for how to make melted crayon art silhouette of your state but you choose from any image you would like for the crayon silhouette!
Melted Crayon Art Tutorial For Making A Crayon Silhouette:
- X-acto knife
- Acrylic paint
How To Make Melted Crayon Art:
- First, we are going to need to find or print out a silhouette of a shape. I chose my home state, Florida!
- Cut out the silhouette. To keep it down while we add color you can place a piece of tape on the back of it or use a glue stick around the edges of the images.
- Peel the wrapping off of the crayons and fire up the hairdryer.
- You can use any colors. I got an 6 pack of crayons and used the colors provided.
- Tips: Put the hairdryer on low so the wax doesn’t fly everywhere. To get the splattered look, lightly tap the crayon while the hairdryer is pointed in the desired direction.
- Tips: It is easy to mix the wax so you get a nice transition between colors. Keep the wax on the canvas hot and go back and forth between the two colored crayons.
- Once you are done with the crayons, use the X-acto knife to lightly cut along the edges of the crayon silhouette. This will help us pull up edges and pull off the picture.
- If any wax seeped under the silhouette use an acrylic paint the same color as the canvas and go over the areas where wax should not be.
Have you ever used this melted crayon method in projects before? Would you ever try this tutorial for how to make a melted crayon art silhouette? If you do be sure to share your creations with us @familyfocusblog!