This is a step-by-step tutorial for DIY letter decor. Letter decor can be a great addition to any room: a nursery, children’s room or family room. There are endless ways to decorate your letters. You can make them soft and simple or colorful and ornate. You can even make it a fun family activity and let the kids decorate their own letters!
DIY Letter Decor Tutorial
DIY Letter Decor Supplies:
- Wooden Letters with picture frame style holes for hanging
- Acrylic paint or spray paint
- Metallic Fine Point Markers
- Gold leaf or glitter
- Natural Peacock Feathers
- Glue gun
- Clear nail varnish or gloss medium
How To Make Pretty Peacock DIY Letter Decor For Walls:
- First, choose your color scheme. For my letters I mixed different acrylic paints to get the colors I wanted. After I mixed the colors, I painted the letters. I chose acrylic paint so the brush strokes would be visible. If you want solid color letters, I would suggest using spray paint instead.
- Next, I drew a peacock design in pencil on the letter L and went over the design in gold and silver metallic markers. If you are looking for a design similar to this I would suggest looking up henna tattoo designs.
- Next, I used multicolored gold leaf to decorate the other letter. I used clear nail varnish to stick the leaf to or use a gloss medium.
- I then used a glue gun to add the peacock feathers to the letter with the leaf in order to tie both letters together.
- Finally, hang you letters on the wall and enjoy!
How often do you make DIY projects? Have you ever tried DIY wall art projects? Will you make this DIY letter decor? If you make DIY letter decor, be sure to share it with us on our Facebook page, Twitter, or Instagram by tagging us @familyfocusblog or using the hashtag #familyfocusblog. We’d love to see your creativity in your personalized letter decor!
You may also enjoy this DIY dream catcher if you enjoy making your own decor.