With the summer months fast approaching, you may be looking for ways to trim up a bit and be more active. It is a great time to focus on getting outdoors and adopting healthy family habits. Whether traveling or staying home, summer is a time to have fun and stay healthy. Here are 10 healthy tips in summer to keep you feeling your best throughout this hot season. This post is brought to you by Sunsweet Juice Cocktails.
10 Tips To Stay Healthy In Summer
I recently participated in a #SunsweetLight Twitter Chat where a nutrition and fitness expert, Erin Palinski-Wade, shared lots of great healthy summer tips and so did the twitter party attendees. So today, I thought I would share some of those great healthy tips with you.
- Don’t forget to increase exercise no matter how busy you are. Use a fitness tracker to track and increase your daily steps. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk or bike instead of driving. Talk a family walk together each evening if you can.
- Plan ahead! Meal prepping can help make sure you are prepared to make homemade meals that have plenty of whole grains, fruits and vegetables and less fat and sodium.
- Stay hydrated. Drink 64 ounces/fluid per day + 8 ounces for every 30 min of exercise (and more in hot weather). As the weather warms up keep vitamin & nutrient rich juice on hand to cool down such as the varieties from Sunsweet. Amaz!n Prune Light Juice provides a good source of fiber and has only 100 calories per 8 ounce serving. Cut the sodas that have little or no nutritional value.
- Be prepared for when you are on the go. Carry healthy options with you wherever you go such as nuts, fresh fruit & vegetables, yogurt, and juice.
- Replace sugar desserts with healthier options. Try fresh fruits or if you are looking for a delicious dessert, freeze Sunsweet Amaz!n Prune Light Juice in a popsicle mold and serve. You can even blend Sunsweet Juice Cocktails with yogurt and freeze for a creamsicle!
- Try having a healthy smoothie for breakfast or lunch on occasion. Smoothies are a great way to stay hydrated and get tons of nutrients. Made from a special variety of fresh, juicy plums, PlumSmart Light features 3 grams of fiber and 60 calories per serving and has 60% less calories and sugar than other leading juice cocktails, which makes it great for smoothies.
- Wear sunscreen to protect your skin from drying out and burning.
- Fueling your body before and after exercise is key. The carbohydrates in fruit juice make a great pre‐workout snack. Try taking daily vitamins.
- Early morning stretching is a great exercise hack to get your day started in the summer and try to get in squats whenever you can. Mix up your exercise to keep it enjoyable as well as to continue to challenge different muscle groups.
- Exercise is cumulative! So if you walk for 10 minutes 3x per day or 30 minutes all at once it’s just as beneficial.
Sunsweet Juice Cocktails
Looking for a healthy and refreshing summer beverage? Look no further. Sunsweet has two great juice cocktail options for the whole family to enjoy. And for those looking to manage their sugar intake as well as increase their daily fiber intake, both PlumSmart Light and Amaz!n Prune Light Juice Cocktail can help you get there. Both beverages contain many of the key vitamins and nutrients that a healthy body needs. Both Sunsweet juice options are a perfect choice for anyone who is watching their weight or needs to manage blood sugar. Learn more at sunsweet.com
What mixes well with prune juice?
You can mix prune juice with 1/2 water for a lighter beverage. Prune juice tastes great mixed with half milk for a protein packed drink. If you just want to change the flavor a bit, mixing it with half apple juice is a great way to make it taste a little less sweet. Or you can drink prune juice straight without any mixing at all!
I hope you enjoyed these healthy tips in summer heat! Which one is your favorite? Do have any healthy summer tips you want to add to the list?