This is a step-by-step tutorial for winter candle decor. Winter is coming! And this is a great season to go all out with exterior and interior decor. During the cold winter months we love to make our homes feel more welcoming, warm and joyous. Dining table centerpieces and candles are a great way to start! With this DIY glass candle holder decorations tutorial, you can craft different sized pieces and customized winter decorations (snowmen, winter animals, etc). These winter candle decor pieces are sure to bring that welcoming, warm joyous feel to your home!
Please sign up for my weekly newsletter here to get more DIY ideas!
Easy Winter Glass Candle Holder Decorations Tutorial
- Glue gun
- 2 glass hurricane candle holders
- Faux trees with snow
- Snow cover (fabric)
- 2 wide candles
DIY Candle Holder Decor Instructions:
- To begin your glass candle holder decorations, flip the candle holder over and onto the cardboard. The opening where you would normally place the candle into should be on top of the cardboard.
- Trace around the opening of the candle holder onto the cardboard. Make two of these for both candle holders.
3.Cut out circles you just traced.
4. Use that shape to trace and cut out a piece of felt.
5. Once you have done that glue the felt to one of the sides. This felt is going to be for the bottom of the winter candle decor.
6. Now get your snow cover and using the cardboard shape trace and cut out two pieces. This fabric can be thin so we will need more than one piece.
7. Glue one of these pieces down. Make sure the edges of the cardboard are covered. Do not worry if your shapes are not exact. If you have excess you can cut it off or leave it on.
8. Now glue your next layer of snow cover. I glued mine in 4 spots equal distance from each other. I did this so I could create lumps and texture on the ground of the winter scene.
9. Next, place the figurines and trees. You do not have to glue these down.
10. Once your scene is ready, place the candle holder, topside down, over the scene.
11. Add your candles to the top and you are done! Enjoy!
Do you enjoy home decor trends and crafting your own decor? Will you make these DIY glass candle holder decorations? What theme will you use?If you do, be sure to show us your creation by tagging us @familyfocusblog.
Follow on Pinterest @familyfocusblog