I love a good chicken pot pie! There are so many variations on the chicken pot pie recipe but today I am going to share an easy chicken pot pie recipe from Orly Shani. She uses Pillsbury crescent rolls in place of pie crust for a easy and delicious Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie. This recipe for Orly’s chicken pot pie first appeared on Home & Family, which airs weekdays at 10 am ET PT on Hallmark Channel. I was given permission to share it with you here.
Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie Recipe:
Photo Credit: Copyright 2016 Crown Media Family Networks/Photographer: Jeremy Lee
Easy chicken pot pie with short cuts to keep dinners easy. Orly first learned how to make this recipe when she found out it was one of her husband’s favorite dishes after they first started dating. In other words, this Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie recipe may be so good that the man you are dating wants to marry you- in other words, be careful who you make this for! LOL
This recipe is sure to become a weeknight favorite at your house, simple to make but wholesome and hearty. Perfect for family dinners together.
Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients:
- 2 large or 3 small Chicken Breasts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 stalks of celery, small dice
- 1/2 cup of onion, small dice
- 3 Carrots, small dice
- 2 Russet potatoes, small dice
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 cup of Frozen Peas
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tube of Pillsbury crescent rolls
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie With Pillsbury Crescent Roll Crust:
1) Cut the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper and cook in in a hot pan until brown on both sides. You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken cut into cubes you if you prefer.
2) Sweat onion, carrot, celery in a pan until caramelized, about 5-7 min over medium heat.
3) Quickly blanch diced potatoes until fork tender, approximately 2 minutes
4) Add everything else (chicken, mixed vegetables, potatoes, corn peas, soup mix, stock etc) to a 2-quart saucepan and stir, bring to a boil. Take the pan off the heat. Heat oven to 350°F.
5) Transfer the pot pie chicken mixture into a deep casserole dish. Open your crescent roles and press the seams together so they are no longer in triangles, but in rectangles. Stretch them over the top of the casserole dish forming the top crust.
6) Place casserole dish on a cookie sheet (just to catch any mess). Put in the oven just long enough to cook the crescent roles about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Remove from oven and serve the chicken pot pie in a big soup bowl or baking dish! Everyone gets the pot pie along with toasty crescent rolls.
I hope you enjoy this easy Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie. It is such a great comfort food.
Printable Recipe Card For Chicken Pot Pie :
You are going to love this easy version of the classic chicken pot pie. What are your favorite easy chicken recipes?