This DIY Heart Stamps for kids craft is a favorite around our house! The stamp is so easy to make but the fun is endless. Every picture made with the heart stamp is unique. We love displaying heart stamp work in our house. Each of my children have one of their heart stamp projects framed and in their room. When they feel like making new ones with different colors, we will just switch out old picture for the new. This art craft project is very inexpensive and you more than likely have everything that you need right in your house. Adults will enjoy this activity just as much as the kids will. It is a perfect Valentine’s Day craft or great for any day of the year.
DIY Heart Stamps For Kids Tutorial
DIY Heart Stamp Supplies Needed:
- paint (any color will do) I chose Valentine’s colors
- printer paper or cardstock
- a paper roll (from paper towels, toilet paper, or even wrapping paper)
Before you and your kiddos start stamping, you want to bend your paper roll into the shape of a heart. Just press down in the middle towards one end of the roll. You might need to shape it a little with your fingers. It should end up looking something like this:
Once you have your stamp shaped, you are ready for the paint! Pour several different colors on a clean sheet of paper. We used red, pink and purple. Dip your stamp into a color and start stamping on your paper. No need to wipe the stamp off before moving to the next color. Stamp as many hearts as you would like. One of my children loved to fill his paper up while my other liked to just dab a few hearts on her paper! Each child will have a different idea of what his or hers will look like. I just love that uniqueness that comes out with crafts like these.
After you let the heart stamping dry, you could hang it up in your child’s room, hang it on the fridge, or even send their handmade masterpiece to a relative or friend!
Do you plan on doing a heart shaped activity with your children for Valentine’s Day? This heart stamping activity would be the perfect craft to try out! Do you think you will make these heart stamps for kids?
For more craft activities you can follow me on Instagram by clicking HERE.
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Rose Water by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- A Valentine’s Day Breakfast by The Guavalicious Life
- Valentine’s Day Krispies Treats by This Mama Loves
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup for Flavorful Delights by Day by Day in Our World
- Pom Pom Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids by Our Family World
- French Vanilla Raspberry Italian Cream Soda by Pretty Opinionated
- Epsom Salts DIY Valentine’s Candles by A Day in Motherhood
- Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub by The Socialite’s Closet
- Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt by Mom on the Side
- Box of Chocolates Cake by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Cranberry Hootycreek – Valentine’s Day Cookies by MommaDJane
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Granola by Food Fun Family
- Valentine’s Day “Love Lives Here” Decorative House Craft by Sincerely Mindy
- Hand Sewn Valentine Cards by Beyond Mommying
- No Bake Choco-Date Cookies for Valentine’s Day by Mommy Snippets
- DIY Peppermint Chocolate Bark Favors by A Bride on a Budget
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Valentine’s Day Oreo Hearts by Gator Mommy Reviews