This DIY Heart Stamps craft for kids craft is a favorite around our house! The stamp is so easy to make but the fun is endless. Every picture made with the heart stamp is unique. We love displaying heart stamp work in our house. Each of my children have one of their heart stamp projects framed and in their room. When my toddlers feel like making new ones with different colors, we will just switch out old picture for the new. This art craft project is very inexpensive and you more than likely have everything that you need right in your house. Adults will enjoy this activity just as much as the kids will. This toilet paper roll heart stamp is a perfect Valentine’s Day craft or great for any day of the year.
This post was first published January 13, 2016. I have polished it up and republished it here to make it easy for my newer readers to enjoy this custom stamp craft.
Homemade Heart Stamps Tutorial
Creating a DIY heart stamp can be a fun and creative project. Here’s a simple method using materials that are easy to find.
DIY Heart Stamp Craft Supplies Needed:
- finger paint or acrylic paint ( I chose a variety of colors to match my Valentine’s Day theme- red, pink, and purple. You could use an ink pad but paint is so much more fun.)
- printer paper or cardstock
- a paper roll (from paper towels, toilet paper, or even wrapping paper)
How To Make A Toilet Paper Roll Heart Stamp Craft (Step-By-Step Instructions):
Before you and your kiddos start stamping, you want to bend your paper roll into the shape of a heart. Just press down in the middle towards one end of the roll. You might need to shape it a little with your fingers. It should end up looking something like this:
Once you have your stamp shaped, you are ready for the paint! Pour several different colors on a clean sheet of paper. We used red, pink and purple. Dip your stamp into a color and start stamping on your paper. No need to wipe the stamp off before moving to the next color.
Stamp as many hearts as you would like. One of my children loved to fill his paper up while my other liked to just dab a few hearts on her paper! Each child will have a different idea of what his or hers will look like. I just love that uniqueness that comes out with crafts like these.
After you let the heart stamping dry, you could hang it up in your child’s room, hang it on the fridge, or even send their handmade masterpiece to a relative or friend!
Your DIY heart stamp is now ready for use! Stamp it onto cards, paper, fabric, or any other surface you’d like to decorate. This DIY Valentine’s Day stamp is perfect for making homemade cards. Toilet paper roll stamps are so much fun and simple enough for even preschoolers. They are a great way to reuse something out of your recycling bin and teach your kids about being thrifty.
Do you plan on doing a heart shaped activity with your children for Valentine’s Day? This heart stamping activity would be the perfect craft to try out! Do you think you will make a toilet paper roll heart stamp for kids? Share photo of your crafting projects with us on social media @familyfocusblog!
For more craft activities you can follow me on Instagram by clicking HERE.
More Fun Valentine’s Day Ideas From Bloggers
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Rose Water by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Valentine’s Day Krispies Treats by Family Focus Blog
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup for Flavorful Delights by Day by Day in Our World
- Pom Pom Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids by Our Family World
- French Vanilla Raspberry Italian Cream Soda by Pretty Opinionated
- Epsom Salts DIY Valentine’s Candles by A Day in Motherhood
- Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub by The Socialite’s Closet
- Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt by Mom on the Side
- Hand Sewn Valentine Cards by Beyond Mommying
- No Bake Choco-Date Cookies for Valentine’s Day by Mommy Snippets
- DIY Peppermint Chocolate Bark Favors by A Bride on a Budget
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom