I love this homemade apple cake recipe from the owner of Studmuffin Desserts, Chef Seth Raphaeli. This apple cake made from scratch is moist, easy, and delightful! It is a grand-mère pomme gâteau also known as his grandmother’s apple cake! Don’t let the fancy French words scare you. I saw Chef Seth Raphaeli whip this up in minutes on Home & Family which airs weekdays at 10 am ET/PT on Hallmark Channel. I was given permission to share the recipe with my readers.
Recipe For Homemade Apple Cake Made From Scratch:
You are going to love this recipe for apple cake made from scratch from Chef Seth Raphaeli! It is one of his most famous desserts from his bakery.
Homemade Apple Cake Ingredients-
- 4 Large Apples / about 6 cups, sliced (mix of McIntosh and Granny Smith apples)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup Grape-seed Oil
- 4 Jumbo eggs
- 1/2 cup of orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
How To Make Apple Cake From Scratch: